Review Erowid at
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" again this year and spread
honest info (good or bad) about psychedelics & other psychoactive drugs.
("Share Your Story" link. Needs quick login creation but no verification of contact info)
Pleasure and Terror Mixed
H.B. Woodrose
Citation:   PathFinder. "Pleasure and Terror Mixed: An Experience with H.B. Woodrose (exp111802)". Apr 27, 2018.

25 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose (extract)
I had chosen to try Argyreia nervosa seeds after seeing them on sale on a website where I had previously bought San Pedro cactus. I had spent some days researching about it and thought it would be a good idea to try it with a friend. We were somewhat frustrated by our previous experience with San Pedro cactus, so we wanted to have an intense experience with argyreia nervosa seeds.


We ordered 50 seeds online. We prepared a cold water extraction. We ground the seeds in a blender, put them in a bottle shielded from light and added water with a little of natural lemon juice mixed. We had boiled the water before adding it. We left the bottle resting in the fridge overnight, shaking it vigorously from time to time.

In the following day we had a cinnamon tea before drinking the extract, we thought it would be a good idea to help with the vasoconstriction effects. We strained the extract, threw away the ground seeds and added a little of cinnamon tea to the extract (I had previously read about a theoretical LSA to LSH conversion with cinnamon, so I thought it would be a good idea).


I was in my friend’s house, our girlfriends were there to sit us. The setting was very comfortable, I had already tripped there before with Nbome and it was nice. We left some trance music playing.

My friend felt nausea while drinking the extract. I kept the sips in my mouth for some minutes before swallowing them, believing it would be absorbed sublingually.
I kept the sips in my mouth for some minutes before swallowing them, believing it would be absorbed sublingually.

Onset (about 30 minutes to 1 hour):

After some minutes, I started to feel stimulated, I was speaking a lot, but saying nothing. My friend lay on the bed and couldn’t move anymore, the sedative effects were taking place. He could speak to me and said he was seeing a lot of geometric colorful visuals with his eyes closed.

After a while, my friend could move again. I started feeling vasoconstriction and I also felt my body very heavy. Here my terror was starting to take place. I went to the kitchen and called my friend. I started preparing some cinnamon tea, believing it would relieve the vasoconstriction effects, we were feeling heavy. My friend wanted to go back to the bedroom but I insisted he stayed with me to have some tea, believing things would get worse if we didn’t have it.

Peak (3 to 4 hours):

Suddenly, I had nausea and rushed to the bathroom. There, I vomited and felt a little better. I went to the bedroom, where my friend was lying. I lay on the bed too and then I couldn’t move. I talked to my friend and my girlfriend while I was lying there and suddenly I started seeing geometrical and colorful patterns. After some minutes, I think, I couldn’t even speak anymore. They were laughing, talking, thinking I was having a nice trip, when I was actually feeling terrorized. For some minutes I simply “existed”, I think I have experienced what they call “ego death”. I couldn’t speak, move, for some seconds I forgot everything, I had some auditory hallucinations, some kind of a metallic robotic sound. I was completely taken by terror, like I would collapse there. During this time I had intense geometrical visuals.

While this happened, my friend left the room while I tried to ask him not to, mumbling some sound, but I couldn’t speak. I wanted everyone to stay there with me.
I wanted everyone to stay there with me.

Suddenly I had an urge to vomit. I got up, rushed to the window and expurgated everything. While I vomited I thought I would suffocate to death. I felt totally wasted.

My friend heard the vomiting and asked me to go to the bathroom and take a shower. I walked to the bathroom with my girlfriend’s help. There, I had a very deep introspective experience. I was sitting on the floor wearing only my underwear while my girlfriend was there helping me getting up and going to the shower. I felt ridiculed, helpless and depressed. I started talking about life, about work, college, family... everything. It was like all my life had compressed upon me at that moment. I told my girlfriend I was already feeling ok, that she could talk as usual with me, that she shouldn’t assure me that I was having a good trip (I felt that the peak had already passed and I was going to be ok from that moment on). I said something about my colleagues at work and my girlfriend asked about a girl who had recently started working with me (she was suspecting we had something between us). I felt I was being manipulated by her, she started crying and then I started saying a lot of things, telling my girlfriend that I had never been so sure that I wanted to stay with her only, that this girl at work was nothing to me. I started crying at this moment. I started telling her that I felt overwhelmed by everything in life, that people placed too many expectations upon me, I felt I couldn’t handle them and at this moment it felt I had expurgated everything bad I had inside me. It was a catharsis! We hugged and cried.

I tried to get up and take a shower, but I couldn’t, I was afraid of the water. The vasoconstriction was making me feel very bad. I didn’t want to drink water either, thinking I would throw it up.

My friend wanted to use the bathroom, so I got dressed, and when I opened the door he was there, lying on the floor telling me the floor had never felt so nice to him. At this moment I felt great, I told him the experience was being wonderful. I felt relieved after crying. I asked my girlfriend to keep the bedroom door open because I was afraid my friend would vomit and suffocate as he was lying on the floor.

Me and my girlfriend laid on the bed. For some minutes I felt very well, I had a nice experience, we were exchanging lovely words. But suddenly I felt the terror again. I kept for some hours breathing heavy, feeling I was gonna die, that I would have a heart attack or stop breathing. My girlfriend kept all night telling me I was ok, that the trip was coming down, that my breathing was ok, trying to relax me. During these moments I heard my friend vomiting in the bathroom.

When the sun rose, I started feeling a strong vasoconstriction, I felt all my body numb, even the head. I sat on the bed, I felt I was gonna die. I couldn’t move my hand and legs properly, the vasoconstriction was really unbearable. I thought I would have to amputate my fingers or feet. My friends got worried. I panicked, I told them it was better to call an ambulance. They called the emergency, but they didn’t take us seriously, they said they couldn’t answer that kind of emergency. Then they called a taxi to take me to the hospital. I tried walking to the taxi with their help.

Come down (3 to 4 hours):

As we arrived at the hospital, I started to feel better. I drank some water, walked, and the vasoconstriction was coming down. There was no doctor to assist us (the doctor had left before the time he was due) and we had to wait for the next doctor to work that morning. We waited for half an hour. I had some mild visuals in the waiting room, seeing face patterns on the floor and geometrical patterns on the cup of water I was holding. I was called to the doctor’s room. I explained the situation and she asked me to check my glucose levels before doing something else.

I thought they were just going to put me on IV to rehydrate my body and I didn’t want to stay there. Fortunately, it wasn’t anything serious, I had just panicked.
Fortunately, it wasn’t anything serious, I had just panicked.
I felt pissed off by the hospital staff and by the waiting time and left to the street with my girlfriend. We stopped by a snack bar and I tried to eat something and rehydrate. During this time I had a deep talk with my girlfriend about what had happened before.

I felt really tired and we walked home. I tried to sleep, but I couldn’t, every time I felt asleep I would suddenly wake up again feeling scared. I went to the computer to pass some time and then I went back to bed and could finally sleep.

* * * *

We underestimated Argyreia nervosa. It was a tough experience. We should have had a lower dosage. But after all, we achieved our objective of having an intense trip, it just wasn’t the trip we expected to have. Although I was completely taken by terror during most of the trip, the introspective experiences were worth it. Maybe I will try it again in the future, but with a lower dosage, of course.

Exp Year: 2018ExpID: 111802
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 24
Published: Apr 27, 2018Views: 3,921
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
H.B. Woodrose (26) : General (1), Guides / Sitters (39), Overdose (29), Difficult Experiences (5), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults