Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
A Warping and Morphing of Memories
DXM & Cannabis
by Dissociativehead
Citation:   Dissociativehead. "A Warping and Morphing of Memories: An Experience with DXM & Cannabis (exp111389)". Erowid.org. Jan 18, 2018. erowid.org/exp/111389

600 mg oral DXM (capsule)
  T+ 0:00 1 hit smoked Cannabis
  T+ 2:00 1 hit smoked Cannabis
  T+ 4:15 1.25 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam

A quick overview. Iím 19 years old, Iím an experienced drug user/experimenter. My substance use includes; DXM, Psilocybin Mushrooms, LSD, Memantine, k2/spice, Ethyl Chloride, Amyl Nitrates, Nitrous Oxide, MDMA, and various pharmaceuticals (oxy, Xanax, Valium, adderall etc.). I also have a special place in my heart for Gabapentin.

I go into this trip today to further expand my research on dissociative drugs as a key to managing addiction and dopamine reward systems. But I do love the DXM experience, definitely in my top three favorite substances.

T00:00 Dose my two bottles of Robo cough gels at 2 gels periodically every 3 minutes in an attempt to limit vomiting. I have a trash can near by with mouthwash ready cause Iím too experienced with this particular drug to not know better. Too many carpet stains to prove it.

T00:30 Still getting them down but already beginning to feel heaviness in my limbs like gravity just got a little thicker. I then take a hit off my weed pipe. Although the weed does help a little with pushing the experience forward, the coughing made me gag and created some stomach discomfort.

T01:00 Finally have all 40 gels down, still slight stomach discomfort but nothing Iíve havenít been be through before. The rest of the gels are slowly kicking in a domino like effect. Familiar warmness in my chest, tingling in extremities, starting to slowly slip into a semi depersonalized state, out of reality and further into the inner workings of my consciousness.

T01:20 Was watching a jre podcast but the constant talking (which is great sober) became very annoying in this dissociative state, which is growing stronger now by the minute. I change it to an episode of vice. As I do this, the dissociation fully encompasses my mind and senses. Unfortunately with a growing urging to vomit. So in a slow motion trance and with distortions pouring down my wall like a stream of pixels. And the further I stare into these pixels the further my mind feels from reality. As if they were magnets of my conscious. I then reach for the trash can and proceed to puke. Now if you have ever puked during a dxm come up you would understand the amount of euphoria and eternal bliss that follows it. It is very psychedelic physically while still very dissociative mentally. A transcendent experience indeed.

T02:00 This particular vice episode really intrigued me. Eventually I just closed my eyes and slipped further back to see what kind of colors and artwork was on display for me tonight haha. It was as beautiful as always. Growing feelings of surreal disconnection from this life, this reality. I then took my second hit of cannabis to further thrust me into the abyss. While checking for OEVís I notice my ceiling wavying in pixels and slowly warping downward. My TV begins to shrink and then grow larger in what feels like milliseconds. OEVís are present but can be turned on or off by choice. But the CEVís remain absolutely breathtaking. Kaleidoscope landscapes and a feeling of being in a seat in the back of my head while watching my perception.

T02:45 While I stare again through my wallís collection of pixels I get some deja vu and memory recognition. Almost like a rearrangement of my past. Not any significant memories from years ago. Just screenshots of recent situations I was just in these last couple of weeks. Mostly from the night before. Nothing special to even remember. Just became special through the DXM-filled gears my brain is now processing from. Why is that though?

T03:30 Effects are diminishing at this point. My peaks donít seem to last long anymore due to my tolerance. Itís an in and out thing for me when it comes to DXM. I will always have a special place in my heart for DXM. But it comes with a price. Easy availability makes it quite addictive and charming. Stay away, not for the weak minded.

T04:15 1.25mg of alprazolam to shut down trip completely. Went to bar to watch the mma fights !

Exp Year: 2017ExpID: 111389
Published: Jan 18, 2018Views: 1,393
DXM (22) : Alone (16), Glowing Experiences (4), Addiction & Habituation (10), Combinations (3)