Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Mental Withdrawals: 10/10
Kratom
by Dana
Citation:   Dana. "Mental Withdrawals: 10/10: An Experience with Kratom (exp110293)". Erowid.org. Jun 9, 2017. erowid.org/exp/110293

5 g oral Kratom (ground / crushed)

Kratom Withdrawals

I only did kratom three times, each dose several days apart from each other and had crippling depression after the third dose, no physical withdrawals though.

1st time: 3g - effects barely anything

2nd time: 6g (forgot, probably about a week, since last dose) - Nothing for a few hours, than nice opiate buzz, than bad nodding in and out of reality.

3rd time (7 days after 2nd time): 5g - After an hour and a half, I felt an intense euphoric wave, similar to hydrocodone, lasted for what seemed like hours. When I woke up I went to school and still felt like I wasn't fully there, this lasted for days after. For the next five days my brain could not feel happiness, and I was in the worse place ever, extreme anxiety, and felt like I had no emotion, never have I ever felt this way before. To stop anxiety I exercised a shit ton, and ate foods high in tyrosine like apples, bananas, almonds, and almond milk, which helped me feel mildly better, but to the point that I had no anxiety. Doing sets of 20 push ups also helped a shit ton. Also body shock like cold showers.

I would do it no more than once a month, or twice, to avoid severe depression.

Conclusion:

Euphoria (High): 8.8/10

Mental Withdrawals: 10/10 (Only after third use, heavy dosage, in low dosage)

Antidepressant: 10/10 (withdrawals known to cause depression though)

Painkiller: 9/10

Physical Withdrawals: 0/10 ( Only used 3 times)

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 110293
Published: Jun 9, 2017Views: 1,432
Kratom (203) : Depression (15), Hangover / Days After (46), Difficult Experiences (5), Alone (16)