Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
An Old Lady Tries Something New
Cannabis (edible)
by Mars Lady
Citation:   Mars Lady. "An Old Lady Tries Something New: An Experience with Cannabis (edible) (exp108684)". Erowid.org. Jun 14, 2016. erowid.org/exp/108684

oral Cannabis (cookie / food)

For various reasons I have been compiling an informal bucket list and I decided I wanted to try some pyschoactive substances. I had never tried any type of illicit drug before and I am in my 60s. My son obtained some cannabis butter for me since I did not want to smoke anything.

I tried a small amount on a cracker. Waited an hour. Nothing happened and I tried some more. After 3 hours total nothing. I ate little bit more and an hour later still nothing. Tried a little bit more. I think you know where I am going with this. Six hours after the first cracker I was sitting on the couch watching a Jane Austen movie when suddenly different actors appeared in the starring roles. 'This is wonderful' I thought. 'Hollywood has a new method of switching actors in the middle of a movie.' Next I found it difficult to stay upright on the couch and I remember staggering upstairs to bed.

I enjoyed the experience but of course the first dose was way too strong and I did much better now that I had an idea of how much to take. I really believe that it helped me get in contact with myself and I only regret not trying it sooner.

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 108684
Published: Jun 14, 2016Views: 2,210
Cannabis (1) : First Times (2), Unknown Context (20)