New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $50 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
Fourth Time's the Charm
Kava
by Anonymous915
Citation:   Anonymous915. "Fourth Time's the Charm: An Experience with Kava (exp106993)". Erowid.org. Jul 10, 2019. erowid.org/exp/106993

60 ml oral Kava (liquid)

This is my fourth time preparing kava and I believe the effect this time around is more pleasant. Initially I prepared a more dilute version which gave me a numb mouth sensation, but I did not think I was feeling relaxed.

Preparation: The preparation was 4 heaping tablespoons with 1 to 1&1/2 cup of water. Using a magic bullet, I pulsed it for a couple of minute, creating the known coffee with milk color. I filtered it through a wire mesh first to get the coarse particles, then I filtered a second time with cheese cloth for the fine particles. I then placed the leftover kava (from the wire mesh filter) into the cheese cloth and began squeezing the liquid out into the cup. For taste I generously added honey (I squeezed it from the bear bottle... so maybe 2 tablespoons worth).

Background: I am a chronic pot smoker and trying to find a substitute.
I am a chronic pot smoker and trying to find a substitute.
Coming off of pot gives me insomnia so I was looking for something similar to get me by for a few days until my sleep pattern returned to normal by itself.

Effects: I was always coming down from the tail end of a small dose of kratom (which gave stimulating effects). I am sipping the liquid slowly. The honey definitely helps change the taste from earth dirt to bitter sweet. I rate it 6 out of 10 in taste. Numb mouth is unquestioning. I definitely feel the calming effects this time around. A little bit of a euphoria but not like marijuana for me which considering I am a chronic smoker may say something about kava kava.

[Reported Dose: "volume 60 ml of ground kava kava powder"]

Exp Year: 2015ExpID: 106993
Published: Jul 10, 2019Views: 546
Kava (30) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Unknown Context (20)