New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $30 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
Unexpected Interaction
Lisdexamfetamine, Quetiapine, Diphenydramine & Valerian
by Vanessa
Citation:   Vanessa. "Unexpected Interaction: An Experience with Lisdexamfetamine, Quetiapine, Diphenydramine & Valerian (exp104831)". Erowid.org. Jan 16, 2017. erowid.org/exp/104831

300 mg oral Pharms - Bupropion (daily)
  T+ 0:00 100 mg oral Pharms - Quetiapine (daily)
  T+ 0:00   repeated oral Lisdexamfetamine
  T+ 0:00 100 mg oral Diphenhydramine (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:00 4 tablets oral Valerian (roots)
  T+ 2:40 1 tablet oral Pharms - Quetiapine

Being an experienced drug user (using everything from benzodiazepines, opiates, morphine, cocaine, MDMA, and most else in between), I did not even stop to think something as 'weak' as valerian root would do much. Oh, was I wrong.

I had been coming down from a stressful, speedy day, having popped 100mg of vyvanse or so throughout the day. I am prescribed vyvanse daily but at a 60mg dose. I was looking for a nice relaxing comedown and some well-deserved deep sleep. It is worth noting that I also take bupropion daily (300mg), and seroquel nightly (100mg) to help my insomnia, but it was proving increasingly ineffective as time went on. Shaky and sleep deprived, I anxiously popped 4 (25mg) benadryl and 4 valerian root pills (it is a dosage I cannot recall, but likely the average standard dose per pill), along with my nightly seroquel.

I waited about 40 minutes, chatting with friends on the phone and searching the Internet casually when I felt a strange, unfamiliar pang of confusion. I became increasingly disoriented. It was roughly 10pm by this time and the darkness began to alarm me.

Open eye visuals were prominent, ranging from patterns to flying insects. I had enough sense about me to know that these were figments of my imagination, but I was alarmed nonetheless. I began to hear distant voices and creaking from downstairs. I hid in my bathroom with the lights and fan on for what I thought to be ten minutes (but was really 2 hours).

I began texting friends in a desperate attempt to stay connected with reality, but no one was awake at the time and that contributed to my anxiety greatly. In a panic, I tiptoed downstairs with a bottle of mace (pepper spray) and grabbed a second seroquel pill, thinking it would help reduce the paranoia and help me get to sleep.

Indeed it did, but it got worse before it got better. I truly believed there was an intruder in my house trying to kill me, which is quite illogical seeing I have 2 security systems and live in a neighborhood where crime is low. I laid in bed sweating and shaking, and eventually drifted off to sleep.

What I gained from this experience was surprisingly valuable. I realized I needed to cool it with the excessive amphetamine usage (which I struggle with) and take better care of my body, to prevent my mind from going into a void I can no longer control.

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 104831
Published: Jan 16, 2017Views: 4,269
Lisdexamfetamine (589), Pharms - Quetiapine (273), Diphenhydramine (109) : Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3), Alone (16)