Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,268.

Donate by Bitcoin
A Little Scary
Cannabis & Opium
by Chris
Citation:   Chris. "A Little Scary: An Experience with Cannabis & Opium (exp10358)". Erowid.org. Sep 27, 2004. erowid.org/exp/10358

smoked Cannabis (plant material)
    smoked Opium (tar / resin)

Last night, I tried opium for the first time. I have been smoking pot almost every weekend for about 5 months, but no other drugs. My friend said the opium would highen my high, so my broke some up and put it on top of the weed in my bowl. At first, I just felt really high. I started to feel high before I had finished the bowl. I laughed alot. We decided to go see a movie, a 20 minute drive. About 10 minutes into the drive, everything and I mean everything became very intense. The color of the sky was amazing, and it seemed so seperate from the ground and trees. It was kind of like a pop-out book, objects in the foreground sticking out from the background. Then it kind of felt like all of my senses were being activated 10 times as much as they should be. Sounds were 10 times louder. Colors were attacking my senses. It was all too much, I was overstimulated. I wanted to find a very dark, very quiet place to lie down. My muscles got a little bit tight, kind of pulsating for a little while.

I was getting nervous, thought I was having a real bad reaction to it, or took to much. I got a little bit paranoid, but got over it by the time we got to the movies. The movie was incredible, all the sounds and lights and stuff.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 10358
Published: Sep 27, 2004Views: 18,482
Cannabis (1), Opium (63) : What Was in That? (26), Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)