Have you tried Peyote, San Pedro, or pure Mescaline?
Take this 45 minute survey!
The Light Was Dim and I Was Careless
Kava & Harmaline
by William
Citation:   William. "The Light Was Dim and I Was Careless: An Experience with Kava & Harmaline (exp102300)". Erowid.org. Feb 13, 2017. erowid.org/exp/102300

Pharms - Ibuprofen
  5 Tbsp oral Kava (dried)
    oral Harmaline (powder / crystals)

Harmaline Crystal Overdose

I had taken an extra strength ibuprofen because I had a headache, and started drinking kava. I usually take a half tablespoon in warm water and stir it for awhile and gulp it down; it tastes horrible but has more of an effect that way.

After 5 or 6 drinks over the course of a few hours I decided to add some harmaline crystals to my last drink, to help me sleep, because it isn't easy to fall asleep on kava. I've mixed the two before with no ill effects. I tapped what I thought was a small amount into the kava, mixed it well, and swallowed it. The light was dim and I was careless in not carefully measuring the amount of harmaline I was adding.

I was beginning to feel messed up so I went upstairs to go to bed- I was having difficulty walking. Then the vomiting began. I must have vomited on and off for at least 5 or 6 hours- it's hard to tell in retrospect. Along with that came the hallucinogen effects. In the dark whatever I thought I was looking at I visualized. I had decided to lie on the bathroom floor to be next to the toilet, and at a another time during the night I put a can next to the bed to vomit into, since walking was so difficult.

At times I wasn't sure which room I was in.
At times I wasn't sure which room I was in.
I'd be on the floor in the bathroom, thinking I was higher on the tub or something and that's what it looked like, it was only when I reached down to touch the floor that I realized I was on the floor. In the bedroom I went to reach for the can only to find it wasn't there. Another time I was barely standing up to urinate, and I guess the light through the blinds left an impression- like when you look at a bright light and look away and still see it. The image of the lines made by the blinds came along as I looked away, hovered in the air, and then broke into crystals and fell and I tried wiping them off my shoulder. All the time I was vomiting I seemed cognizant of the fact that the human body seems designed to isolate the cause of what is antagonistic to it in order to expel it.

The supplier says to take no more than 100 milligrams of harmaline at a time, but I have taken 300- not all at once- gradually- and just gone to sleep on it- resulting in vivid dreams. So I'm thinking I must have taken 4 to 500 milligrams by accident.

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 102300
Published: Feb 13, 2017Views: 1,046
Harmaline (314) : Combinations (3), Overdose (29), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Alone (16)