Not Much
5-MeO-DMT & St. Johns Wort
by roboxt
Citation:   roboxt. "Not Much: An Experience with 5-MeO-DMT & St. Johns Wort (exp101158)". Erowid.org. Jul 10, 2016. erowid.org/exp/101158

4 g oral St. John's Wort (daily)
    smoked Passion Flower (dried)
  5 hits smoked 5-MeO-DMT (powder / crystals)

So hereís my little recount of hitting 5-MeO-DMT while taking a twice daily dose of St. Johnís Wort. Long story short, the Ďdimmiesí just didnít work anywhere near their potential. Possible side effect (which I seem to have avoided): serotonin syndrome. Also, I am not a particularly careful person, you will probably have already realised this, or will realise through the following text, try to quell your rage at my general stupidity. Or not!

I take two Cenovis St. Johnís Wort 2000 tablets daily, one in the morning, one at night. I feel it helps me control my brain better. It aids me in managing the part of my brain that infinitely analyses things, such as people who have wronged me, mistakes Iíve made, what I shouldíve said to that person 5 minutes ago/ 5 years ago, and how much I generally hate myself. Thanks, St. John!

Yesterday I met this dude at the skate park who said he manufactured 5-MeO-DMT, and wondered if I knew anyone whoíd like to take some off his hands. Fast forward to me buying the stuff, he says it has no contraindications whatsoever and everyone heís sold to has had an amazing time. I was told the amount I got was enough for around 30+ bong hits. So I got home, whipped up a bong out of a small water bottle and decided, once and for all, despite promising myself Iíd never bother with trips again, that it was time to trip some serious balls.

The time was around 8.30PM, I had had a great day of skateboarding, and was in a good mood. I live by myself.

I packed the base of the cone with a small amount of passionflower, also provided by the dude, sprinkled a minute amount of the crystals, then topped it with more flower. Hit taken. Slightly gross taste. Nothing. Well obviously I put too few crystals in there. Repeat with more. Anything I felt could be put down to placebo. Am I doing it wrong? So I waited about 10 mins, as thatís what Iíve read to be the duration of a DMT trip. 3rd hit, even more crystals. I got a ringing sound in my ears for maybe 20-30 seconds, and my thoughs went slightly trippy for a minute or two. Like a really really weak stream of consciousness sort of thing. Still nowhere near like what this shit is supposed to do. I've spent most of this time with my eyes closed, might as well have been watching TV if my eyes were open. 4th hit once the trippy thoughts went away, slight pressure or something in the brain, no more trippy thoughts. Wait another 10-20 mins, Iím feeling some kind of hazy Ďafterglowí by now. Has St. John's Wort got something to do with this, I suddenly wonder? For science and/or stupidity, I take my 5th hit with plenty of crystals. That tasted pretty strong. Just more afterglow (hazy/ stoney), but no trip. By this stage Iíd had maybe 60% of what Iíd been sold.

HUH? So I looked up on the net, it seems as though St. Johnís Wort acts as an SSRI, which can have a trip-squashing effect according to a few people. It certainly squashed my trip, unless Iím just a total badass and immune to 5-MeO-DMT (thatís a joke). Plus I couldíve wound up with Ďserotonin syndromeí, eww! Seriously, I would not recommend wasting your stash and possibly brain by doing Ďdimmiesí while taking St. Johnís Wort.

Today I feel just a bit mentally slower than usual, perhaps like Iíd had just one or two smallish bong hits of weed last night, but I donít feel anywhere near as mentally drained or emotionally vapid. Despite how cool it wouldíve been to trip some proper balls, Iím not actually disappointed with this outcome, Iíve been enjoying my fully functional brain having not smoked weed, syntho weed or robotripped in some time.
I feel a powerful trip may have just frustrated me in the days/weeks/months afterwards re confusion, synchronicities, mental anguish, introversion, unwanted spiritual feelings, deja vu etc.

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 101158
Published: Jul 10, 2016Views: 2,567
St. John's Wort (142), 5-MeO-DMT (58) : Alone (16), Combinations (3)