More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contribute $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
Almost Killed Me
Bad/Suspect Ecstasy & GBL
by nugthetitos
Citation:   nugthetitos. "Almost Killed Me: An Experience with Bad/Suspect Ecstasy & GBL (exp100801)". Erowid.org. Feb 20, 2019. erowid.org/exp/100801

1 tablet oral Bad/Suspect Ecstasy
  T+ 0:00   smoked Cannabis
  T+ 4:00 2 ml oral GBL
  T+ 4:40 1 ml oral GBL

I'm a 25 years old male and I live in Switzerland. English isnt my 1st language. I will try to do my best writting decently.

The day before yesterday, I went to a well-known festival near the city I live with few friends. I bought a pill to a random guy, BIG MISTAKE. I didnt feel anything and after 2 hours I wondered how I could have paid 20 bucks for such a crap. We smoked two joints of pure swiss indoor during the night.

When we came back, we stopped to my friend's flat and he opened a bottle of GBL. I had already tried it and I knew that 2.4ml was the perfect dosage for me. Remember it's different for everybody. I took 2ml of GBL and after 40 minutes, I felt clear so I thought 'let's go for an other 1ml'.
I felt clear so I thought 'let's go for an other 1ml'.

After 10 minutes I began to feel lazy. Then really euphoric. Very similar to alcohol. After 30 minutes I felt very good and I decided to go at home. I took the bus, was watching on my phone.

The second after I was in intensive care, totally plugged! A pipe in the mouth, in the nose, into my thing! I've never been so panicked. I wasnt able to talk. A machine was breathing for me. After analysis I had more drugs in my body, including amphetamin and benzodiazepin, which were in those pills. Both benzo and GBL are GABAegic. They synergies for the worst. That I stopped breathing. My pulse went down to 30.

It costed almost my life and the biggest shame of my life, convulsing in public.

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 100801
Published: Feb 20, 2019Views: 1,198
Bad/Suspect Ecstasy (567), GBL (89) : Combinations (3), What Was in That? (26), Overdose (29), Health Problems (27), Various (28)