|1989||Searle Company patents Methoxphenidine ("2-methoxy-phenidine") as a possible treatment for neural injury. 1 [More Info]|
|Jun 2013||First documented recreational use of methoxphenidine (MXP). 2, 3 [Details] [More Info]|
|Nov 2013||First general commercial availability of methoxphenidine (MXP) to the public through research chemical vendors. 4, 5 [More Info]|
|2014||The STRIDA project in Sweden tracks 3 patients admitted to emergency departments after use of MXP (in some cases in combination with other drugs). 6 [More Info]|
|Feb 2014||Methoxphenidine first detected in sample submitted to Energy Control. 7 [Details]|
|Jun 2014||Cayman Chemical first offers Methoxphenidine as an analytical lab standard for use primarily in forensic toxicology / drug detection.|
|Mid 2014||First documented fatalities associated with methoxphenidine (MXP). 8 [Details] [More Info]|
|Apr 2015||Methoxphenidine first detected in sample submitted to EcstasyData.org. [More Info]|
- Gray NM, Cheng BK. "1,2-diarylethylamines for treatment of neurotoxic injury". European Patent Office # EP0346791
- Renton. "Where I've Wanted to Be All Along: An Experience with Methoxphenidine (ID 101000)". Erowid.org. Mar 31, 2014. https://erowid.org/exp/101000
- Jesusgreen. "(Methoxphenidine / 82mg) - Experienced - Worthwhile addition" Bluelight. Nov 26, 2013. http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/700900-%28Methoxphenidine-82mg%29-Experienced-Worthwhile-addition
- Erowid Crew. Internal notes. 2013.
- Morris H, Wallach J. “From PCP to MXE: a comprehensive review of the non-medical use of dissociative drugs”. Drug Test Anal. Jul-Aug;6(7-8):614-632.
- Helander A, Beck O, Bäckberg M. "Intoxications by the dissociative new psychoactive substances diphenidine and methoxphenidine". Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2015 Jun 08;53(5):446-53.
- Energy Control Analysis Summary. Private communication with Erowid and published analyses on EnergyControl.org. Oct 2015.
- Elliott SP, Brandt SD, Wallach J, Morris H, Kavanagh PV. "First Reported Fatalities Associated with the 'Research Chemical' 2-Methoxydiphenidine". J Anal Toxicol. 2015 May;39(4):287-293.