TITLE 21-FOOD AND DRUGS
DRUG ENFORCEMENT ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Opium & Coca|
[Code of Federal Regulations]|
[Title 21, Volume 9, Parts 1300 to end]
[Revised as of April 1, 2005]
From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access
[CITE: 21CFR1308.12] [Page 94-96]
Schedule II - Sec. 1308.12
- Schedule II shall consist of the drugs and other substances, by whatever official name, common or usual name, chemical name, or brand name designated, listed in this section. Each drug or substance has been assigned the Controlled Substances Code Number set forth opposite it.
- Substances, vegetable origin or chemical synthesis. Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any of the following substances whether produced directly or indirectly by extraction from substances of vegetable origin, or independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis:
- Opium and opiate, and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of opium or opiate excluding apomorphine, thebaine-derived butorphanol, dextrorphan, nalbuphine, nalmefene, naloxone, and naltrexone, and their respective salts, but including the following:
(1) Raw opium 9600 (2) Opium extracts 9610 (3) Opium fluid 9620 (4) Powdered opium 9639 (5) Granulated opium 9640 (6) Tincture of opium 9630 (7) Codeine 9050 (8) Dihydroetorphine 9334 (9) Ethylmorphine 9190 (10) Etorphine hydrochloride 9059 (11) Hydrocodone 9193 (12) Hydromorphone 9150 (13) Metopon 9260 (14) Morphine 9300 (15) Oxycodone 9143 (16) Oxymorphone 9652 (17) Thebaine 9333
- Any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation thereof which is chemically equivalent or identical with any of the substances referred to in paragraph (b) (1) of this section, except that these substances shall not include the isoquinoline alkaloids of opium.
- Opium poppy and poppy straw.
- Coca leaves (9040) and any salt, compound, derivative or preparation of coca leaves (including cocaine (9041) and ecgonine (9180) and their salts, isomers, derivatives and salts of isomers and derivatives), and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation thereof which is chemically equivalent or identical with any of these substances, except that the substances shall not include decocainized coca leaves or extraction of coca leaves, whhch extractions do not contain cocaine or ecgonine.
- Concentrate of poppy straw (the crude extract of poppy straw in either liquid, solid or powder form which contains the phenanthrene alkaloids of the opium poppy), 9670.
Unless specifically excepted or unless in another schedule any of the following opiates, including its isomers, esters, ethers, salts and salts of isomers, esters and ethers whenever the existence of such isomers, esters, ethers, and salts is possible within the specific chemical designation, dextrorphan and levopropoxyphene excepted:
(1) Alfentanil 9737 (2) Alphaprodine 9010 (3) Anileridine 9020 (4) Bezitramide 9800 (5) Bulk dextropropoxyphene (non-dosage forms) 9273 (6) Carfentanil 9743 (7) Dihydrocodeine 9120 (8) Diphenoxylate 9170 (9) Fentanyl 9801 (10) Isomethadone 9226 (11) Levo-alphacetylmethadol
[Some other names: levo-alpha-acetylmethadol, levomethadyl acetate, LAAM]
9648 (12) Levomethorphan 9210 (13) Levorphanol 9220 (14) Metazocine 9240 (15) Methadone 9250 (16) Methadone-Intermediate 4-cyano-2-dimethylamino-4,4-diphenyl butane 9254 (17) Moramide-Intermediate 2-methyl-3-morpholino-1, 1-diphenylpropane-carboxylic acid 9802 (18) Pethidine (meperidine) 9230 (19) Pethidine-Intermediate-A 4-cyano-1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine 9232 (20) Pethidine-Intermediate-B ethyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carboxylate 9233 (21) Pethidine-Intermediate-C 1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carboxylic acid 9234 (22) Phenazocine 9715 (23) Piminodine 9730 (24) Racemethorphan 9732 (25) Racemorphan 9733 (26) Remifentanil 9739 (27) Sufentanil 9740
Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances having a stimulant effect on the central nervous system:
(1) Amphetamine its salts, optical isomers, and salts of its optical isomers 1100 (2) Methamphetamine its salts, isomers, and salts of its isomers 1105 (3) Phenmetrazine and its salts 1631 (4) Methylphenidate 1724
Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances having a depressant effect on the central nervous system, including its salts, isomers, and salts of isomers whenever the existence of such salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation:
(1) Amobarbital 2125 (2) Glutethimide 2550 (3) Pentobarbital 2270 (4) Phencyclidine 7471 (5) Secobarbital 2315
- Hallucinogenic substances
[Another name for nabilone: (+/-)-trans-3-(1,1-dimethylheptyl)-6,6a,7,8,10,10a-hexahydro-1-hydroxy-6,6-dimethyl-9H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-9-one]
- Immediate precursors
Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances:
(1) Immediate precursor to amphetamine and methamphetamine:
(i) Phenylacetone Some trade or other names: phenyl-2-propanone; P2P; benzyl methyl ketone; methyl benzyl ketone; 8501
(2) Immediate precursors to phencyclidine (PCP):
(i) 1-phenylcyclohexylamine 7460 (ii) 1-piperidinocyclohexanecarbonitrile (PCC) 8603
Editorial Note: For Federal Register citations affecting Sec. 1308.12, see the List of CFR Sections Affected in the Finding Aids section of this volume.