Psilocybe azurescens (Astoria Ossip)|
Submitted by Ananadam
1. Geographic location of patch
Location is Slovenia, Europe.
2. Date of planting
Middle of April 2000.
3. Materials used for bulk of patch
Beech,lime tree,huselnuts wood chips from planing machine.Big
chunks of wood, not sawdust.
4. Patch making method description (depth, area covered, companion
The patch was 40cm and 20cm big hole in the ground.Depth was
10 cm.Bed was filled with soaked wood chips and inoculated with
spawn from colonized beech shavings in autoclaveble plastic bag.Shavings
were inoculated with chunks of Eric's guide cake.Spores were obtained
from Teonanacatl,Austria.Everything was covered with dirt from
around the patch.Like potting soil and planted with grass seeds.The
shade of the patch was maintained with grape and blackberry plant.
5. Watering schedule if any.
There was only natural rain watering.
6. Date of first flush. (try to note temperature and rainfall at
First pins formed on 17.10.2000.After a week of constant rainfall.Temperature
at night was 5-10°C.At day 15°C.
7. Date of end of last flush. (try to note temperature)
Last flush was one month later.Around 15.11.2000.Temperature
was the same like before but not so much rainfall.
8. Total number of flushes.
9. Maximum size and/or weight of largest mushroom.
The largest cap was 10 cm in diameter.
10. Total yield.
Around five dry grams. Strain was Astoria Ossip