This Is Your Country on Drugs
The Secret History of Getting High in America
Pub Date :
Edition(s) at Erowid :
BACK COVER #Seven surprising consequences of the U.S. approach to drugs--find out the facts in This Is Your Country on Drugs.
- Past antidrug campaigns actually encouraged drug use.
- A few years ago, America stopped dropping acid altogether.
- The meth epidemic peaked a long, long time ago.
- NAFTA opened the border and created a bonanza for cocaine and meth traffickers--just as President Clinton knew it would.
- President Reagan may have inadvertantly caused the crack epidemic.
- Kids today are doing fewer illegal drugs than kids from any time in the recent past, and for a surprising reason.
- The fastest-growing drug in America is a legal hallucinogen you can buy on the internet.