Practical LSD Manufacture
Pub Date :
Edition(s) at Erowid :
BACK COVER #Uncle Fester has done it again! The underground mastermind of psychedelic cookery has provided up-and-coming Owsley-wannabes with Practical LSD Manufacture, the most detailed, comprehensive and concise description ever of several of the methods employed in the preparation of lysergic acid diethylamide, or LSD, from natural sources. Uncle Fester also offers a breakthrough in psychedelic literature: a simple process for extracting the hallucinogenic drug TMA-2 from the commonly-grown calamus plant.
Practical LSD Manufacture contains:
- An overview of LSD production
- Natural sources of the lysergic amides, including harvesting procedures for ergot-infested rye and Spartina marsh-grass
- Methods of extraction and isolation of the lysergic acid amides
- An interpretation of LSD-progenitor Albert Hofmann's patented"one-pot shot" method of LSD synthesis, plus purification and storage techniques
- A never-before-published presentation of "Method X," wherein a propionic anydride mixes with lyergic acid, allowing for a much-improved synthesis.
- A section on solvent management, a crucial but often-overlooked detail all chemists should be aware of
- How to manufacture the hallucinogen 2,4,5-trimethoxyamphetamine (TMA-2) from the calamus root
- Detailed growing, harvesting and availability information on the calamus plant
- Cautionary notes on keeping out of trouble
- An much, much more!
- Loompanics Unlimited is proud to offer Uncle Fester's complete, illustrated guide for anyone who is interested in Practical LSD Manufacture! Sold for information purposes only!