Pagliaros' Comprehensive Guide to Drugs and Substances of Abuse
Pub Date :
Edition(s) at Erowid :
American Pharmacists Assoc.
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
BACK COVER #With society's growing use of drugs and substances of abuse, health care professionals need to be aware of how the drugs patients use afefct behavior, cognition, learning, memory, and other aspects of mental and physical health. physicians, other prescribers, and pharmacists need to know the abuse potential and current "street use" patterns of prescribed drugs, and all health professionals need to recognize signs and symptoms of drugs or substance intoxication, overdosage, and withdrawal.
Pagliaros' Comprehensive Guide to Drugs and Substances of Abuse offers a timely, authoritative, referenced analysis of trends in abuse of both prescribed medications and illicit substances not covered in standard therapeutics texts. Health care providers will quickly find information on specific drugs or substances in 101 individual monographs.
- The only comprehensive book on drugs and substance abuse written specifically for health care providers
- Major chapters on the psychostimulants, and "psychodelics" provide an overview of the history, pharmacology, and patterns and theories of use of the drugs and substances in each category.
- 101 monographs presented in alphabetical order by generic or common name; each includes street names for the drug or substance, as well as a brand or trade names.
- Comprehensive index includes all the generic, brand/trade, and street names.
- Co-authors have over 60 years of combined experience as educators, consultants, and clinicians in the field and have previously authored or co-authored a dozen clinical pharmacology textbooks, including two focusing on drug and substance abuse.