1999-2000 Medical Drug Reference
Pub Date :
Edition(s) at Erowid :
BACK COVER #Your favorite portable drug reference has been expanded.
- Over-the-counter vs. prescription names for trade products are now listed at the beginning of each drug monograph.
- Combination drug names are now included.
- New drug interaction rating scale based on Drug Interaction Foundation suggestion and derived from Hansten and Horn data.
- More comparative drug tables.
- Appendices have been thumb tabbed for easier access.
- Drug-Lab interaction has been updated
- Drug monographs are organized alphabetically by generic name.
- Trade names are given for all medications commonly used in the U.S. and Canada.
- Non FDA-approved uses are noted.
- Therapeutic Index lists drugs most often used to treat common disorders.
- Dosages and routes are provided for all ages-adult, geriatric, and pediatric patients.
- Available forms and cost of therapy are specified.
- Common and potentially life-threatening side effects are listed by organ system.
- Special considerations, such as monitoring parameters and patient education, are included.
- Comparative tables present vital information at a glance so you can make the best drug decisions for your patients.