Not Guilty as Charged
Pub Date :
Edition(s) at Erowid :
BACK COVER #Marijuana --Learn why it should never have been illegal! A powerful and courageous book that everyone-- parents; those in government, law enforcement, and medicine; the media; nonusers and users of marijuana --needs to read. Learn from honest research, not false government propaganda, about marijuana's
- Virtual harmlessness compared to other drugs
- Validated medical benefits
- International studies that confirm it is not a "gateway drug"
- Not being addictive, any more than TV, sports, or the Internet
- Never causing one recorded toxicity-related death
- Unavailability, which causes the use of more dangerous drugs
BLURBS #"David Ford brilliantly conducts us on a tour through the "Malice in Blunderland" of American marijuana policy. Based on authoritative documents, news clippings and personal stories, he presents tales of viciousness, hypocrisy and ignorance facilitated by self-service special interest groups."
-- Tod Mikuriya, M.D., Head of marijuana research for the National Institute of Mental Health in the late 1960s.
"When I wrote Wasted, the story of my son's drug addiction, I thought marijuana was a stepping-stone to heavier drugs. I'm now convinced that pot has nothing to do with it. Marijuana: Not Guilty As Charged is a volauable and honest book --a "must read" for anyone who wants to know the truth. David Ford also presents ample evidence that marijuana is medicine. It's a compelling book, and it often reads like a spicy novel."
-- William Chapin, Author