It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
I Love Opiates!
Hydrocodone
by I.B. Surprised
Citation:   I.B. Surprised. "I Love Opiates!: An Experience with Hydrocodone (ID 1449)". Erowid.org. Sep 11, 2000. erowid.org/exp/1449

DOSE: 52 mg oral Hydrocodone (extract)

Let me start off by saying I love opiates, having smoked Opium, and used codeine, and Oxycodone before. I stumbled upon a bottle of hydrocodone/acetaminophen prescription. Per tablet 7.5mg of hydrocodone, and 750mg of acetaminophen. I know aceta is hard on the liver in high doses, and its hard to get high on small amounts of prescription opiates, so I decided to use the same extraction method suggested in the codeine faq. I knew this would work because all opiates dissolve well in cold water, where as aceta does not. So I dissolved 7 tablets and filtered it.

The solution was very bitter and almost horrid, but not nearly as bad as stomaching nutmeg! Well, about 30 mins went by and I felt that familiar opiate buzz come on. About 15 mins after this, I was feeling comfortably stoned...the best opiate high I have ever experienced, including smoking synthesized opium. The feeling resembles being very drunk at the same time as being warm all over, numb, and overcome by intense eupohoria.!
Not a care in the world when high on opiates. I watched TV and browsed the web. I stayed high all night. At times, I experienced nausea, but this goes away while lying down. The next day, I awoke around 10:00AM. I had taken the dope at about 10:00 PM the night before and fell asleep, still high as a kite, at 3:30AM. I felt very sick to my stomach and vomited twice in the morning, which helps you feel better. The nausea I experienced disappeared at about 1:00PM. Nausea is expected after an intense opiate experience if one isn't a constant user...this is because your body is withdrawing from the drug, which is why addiction occurs. But I find that the nausea associated with opiates like hydrocodone, oxycodone, and codeine are very worth the intense high and stoned euphoria one recieves. I can't wait for my next opportunity to get high from prescription opiates. I wonder how much better heroin can really be.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 1449