Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,268.

Donate by Bitcoin
Worst Hangover of My Life
4-Methylethcathinone (4-MEC)
by StillGood
Citation:   StillGood. "Worst Hangover of My Life: An Experience with 4-Methylethcathinone (4-MEC) (exp99800)". Erowid.org. Apr 5, 2013. erowid.org/exp/99800

40 mg insufflated 4-Methylethcathinone (powder / crystals)
  T+ 1:00 50 mg insufflated 4-Methylethcathinone (powder / crystals)
  T+ 2:00   repeated insufflated 4-Methylethcathinone (powder / crystals)
  T+ 3:00   repeated insufflated 4-Methylethcathinone (powder / crystals)
  T+ 4:00 150 mg insufflated 4-Methylethcathinone (powder / crystals)
  T+ 5:00   repeated insufflated 4-Methylethcathinone (powder / crystals)

A friend of mine is an RC vendor, and was kind enough to send me some samples, including the 4-MEC which is the subject of this report.

I started with a small bump, maybe 40mg. This produced a stimulant effect, which I would liken to low dose amphetamine.

I found myself coming down within an hour, so decided to redose. Again, not a large amount maybe 50mg.

Definite euphoria, motivation, energy, and appreciation for music. At this point, still most reminiscent of amphetamine.

I did a handful of “key bumps” which maintained the experience.

After 3 or 4 hours, I decided to try a full line. I insufflated (probably) around 150mg.

At higher dose levels, the serotogenic activity of the drug becomes MUCH more pronounced. I am a very experienced user of MDMA, so these effects were easy for me to identify. I felt cognitively foggy, and physically floaty. The euphoria, however, was not on par with MDMA, but still enjoyable.

The bumps and lines continued for about a total of 10 hours. When it was all said and done, I had consumed the whole gram of 4-MEC.

I ended up having drinks with some friends and smoking weed. The latter of which induced sleep, and I slept a full 8 hours.

The experience itself was enjoyable, but not particularly noteworthy.

What is noteworthy is how incredibly awful I feel the next day as I am writing this.

The hangover is worse than taking a large amount of MDA. It feels like my brain hurts, and I am slightly nauseous. I feel sluggish and unmotivated. If I didn’t have work, I would definitely be laying in bed, or trying to find some landing gear.

I have used A LOT of drugs in my time, and this is definitely amongst the worst hangover/day after experiences I have had.

I hope anyone reading this will use caution when taking 4-MEC and keep the total dosage low for your first experience.

I suspect the neurotoxicity of this compound would be high if research were performed.

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 99800
Published: Apr 5, 2013Views: 4,429
4-Methylethcathinone (544) : Overdose (29), Hangover / Days After (46), First Times (2), Alone (16)