Follow @Erowid on Twitter!
Less Anxiety
Propranolol
by jedinow
Citation:   jedinow. "Less Anxiety: An Experience with Propranolol (exp99389)". Erowid.org. Apr 30, 2013. erowid.org/exp/99389

60 mg oral Pharms - Propranolol (daily)

I've had serious social and performance anxiety since I can remember. My doctor put me on propranolol (20mg three times daily = 60mg/day) six months ago for headaches but instead it significantly improved my anxiety.

I used to experience shaking hands, trembling voice, blushing, sweating, and trouble keeping my thoughts focused any time I was in a social situation or had to perform (music major). After being on propranolol, my hands don't shake, I don't feel as hot and sweaty (though still a bit), my voice doesn't shake, and my head is clearer/I can think and remember things better.

This has made a huge difference in my everyday life and really helped me as a musician. I still have situation-specific anxieties but this drug has helped immensely. Best of all, no negative side effects!

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 99389
Published: Apr 30, 2013Views: 20,887
Pharms - Propranolol (72) : Glowing Experiences (4), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)