Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Tasted Like Passion Fruit Syrup
Betel Nut
by Mr Clam
Citation:   Mr Clam. "Tasted Like Passion Fruit Syrup: An Experience with Betel Nut (exp99339)". Erowid.org. Sep 27, 2017. erowid.org/exp/99339

2 nuts buccal Betel Nut
    buccal Passion Flower (liquid)

Betel Nut Candy

I am not a big betel nut fan even though it is very available everywhere here. Just not that into stimulants but as an experiment to see how long they keep, I dried some nuts I got locally and soaked them for a couple months in passion fruit syrup.

Just a few minutes ago I removed two nuts from the syrup , dabbed each in some lime-paste and popped them in my mouth. Tasted like passion fruit syrup and unlike when dry, they chewed very easily. They had become soft again.

Within one minute I began to feel the identical effects I would expect from fresh betel nut: Waves of warmth over my body, a tingling ring in my head and then the stimulation that is unique to betel nut. As I type it has been maintained and has levelled off.

Like I said, I don't usually dig these guys but it's good to know that candying can preserve their integrity so when I have folks over who do like em, I can pull this batch out!

Too bad there are no sexy betel nut go go girl kiosks in my freezer!

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 99339
Published: Sep 27, 2017Views: 1,484
Betel Nut (92) : Preparation / Recipes (30), Alone (16)