Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
My Visit to Hell
JWH-018
by Wack
Citation:   Wack. "My Visit to Hell: An Experience with JWH-018 (exp99078)". Erowid.org. Feb 28, 2013. erowid.org/exp/99078

2 hits smoked JWH-018

Apart from alcohol, I have one year of smoking weed and one mushroom trip under my belt, I donít really have a desire to do much else either. I donít know what it is about me, but getting too fucked up has always been a problem of mine.

A couple friends and I had bought a bag of synthetic cannabis and after smoking it twice with them (with good effects). I ended up with the bag. A few days later I had some time to kill and figured an hour long 'weed' high would be perfect. I packed a bowl and took two big hits out of my basement window.

Immediately after I put my pipe down I could feel the effects and knew I was in for an ass kicking. My room was intensely bright in the summer sun and my heart had already started to race. I walked upstairs and paced around my kitchen, tried to drink some water but ended up spilling the water all over the counter. After this I was freaking out more than I ever have and was convinced that I was ODing and dying from a drug I knew nothing about, there was also an increasingly loud static in my right ear from here until the end of the trip. Everything was moving fast, and everything had a tint of yellow (think an extremely grainy photo with a yellow hue and over saturated).

After being upstairs for around 5 minutes I was beginning to peak. I walked myself downstairs and on my way down, getting progressively more intense as I descended, my vision started getting lower and lower ďframes per secondĒ. By the bottom I was seeing a still image, then a couple seconds later it would switch to what I was then looking at (like a glitching computer game). This hallucination was more intense than anything from my mushroom adventure.

I eventually made it to my couch and lay on my back. I rocked back and forth on the couch, sweating, feeling my heartbeat, and trying to calm myself down. After being on the couch for a while I started getting darker and darker thoughts. The most extreme depression Iíve ever felt was upon me. For a few minutes it was as if I was floating above myself, able to see every single flaw in the kid that was tripping his face off on the couch. I was the scum of the earth; I was criticizing my entire being. I couldnít get these thoughts out of my head, I knew I didnít want to think them but every time I tried to think of something else the dark thoughts would come back and I would get sucked back into hell.

I kept telling myself that even if this ďoverdoseĒ didnít kill me I was going to kill myself once I sobered up, and how pathetic my death would look to everyone I loved. The voices in my head were as if a demon was on my shoulder, his voice screaming the same negative thoughts into my head like a skipping disc repeating the same thing over and over, each thought hit my self esteem harder than the last until I was in the fetal position trying not to implode with self-hate. I couldnít hear anything at this point, as the buzz in my right ear was now painfully loud.

Things slowly got better and I was able to grasp the situation and remind myself that I was just high and would come down soon. I eventually came down into sobriety on the couch.

Believe it or not, I didnít die!! The whole thing lasted about 45 minutes. Apart from being terrified of what I had just went through, I suffered only a slight headache. This was by far the most intense thing Iíve ever experienced in my life, and after having a flashback of the horror while high on weed the next day I havenít touched anything except alcohol.

I wouldnít recommend synthetic cannabis to anyone based on the off chance you have an experience similar to mine. It is my new standard for what hell must be like. I didnít and still donít suffer from depression or have any thoughts of suicide, so I donít know where this trip came from. Inner demons I guess.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 99078
Published: Feb 28, 2013Views: 6,216
JWH-018 (483) : Difficult Experiences (5), Overdose (29), Bad Trips (6), Alone (16)