individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
First and Last Time
Mescaline
by Chemist
Citation:   Chemist . "First and Last Time: An Experience with Mescaline (exp98784)". Erowid.org. Apr 15, 2018. erowid.org/exp/98784

250 mg oral Mescaline (powder / crystals)

I took 250 mg of mescaline as the sulfate that I had prepared myself, starting from 2,5 dimethoxy phenol that was hydroformylated along with phosphonyl chloride, substituted to the nitrile which was reduced to the phenethyl amine, and the phenol was subsequently methylated with methyl iodide. I had read a lot about mescaline and I thought I would try it.

I did not like the experience at all. It did not produce any sensation in me except paranoia, confused thought, time distortion, and anxiety when the effects wore off in me about eight hours later. The anxiety lasted for weeks. Shulgin and other people describe an enjoyable experience, I found nothing enjoyable about it at all.

I had prepared a few grams of the material, I destroyed the remainder, I did not give any of the mescaline to anybody except myself and never tried a psychoactive substance again except marijuana a couple of times. Prior to mescaline, marijuana was not unpleasant. After mescaline I could not smoke marijuana without paranoid feelings so I did not smoke it any more.

I canít understand how Shulgin repeatedly ingested so much psychedelic material and still keep his mind intact, I marvel at him.

Exp Year: 1970ExpID: 98784
Published: Apr 15, 2018Views: 6,025
Mescaline (36) : First Times (2), Post Trip Problems (8), Difficult Experiences (5), Alone (16)