Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,268.

Donate by Bitcoin
Should Not Be Legal
Zolpidem
by Teresa C
Citation:   Teresa C. "Should Not Be Legal: An Experience with Zolpidem (exp97803)". Erowid.org. Oct 3, 2012. erowid.org/exp/97803

5 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

I have suffered with insomnia off and on for years.

I was given a 5 mg Ambien to try- to see if I liked it in order to ask my doctor for a prescription.

I took one pill at approx. 10 pm.

At 10:30, things in the bedroom started to look funny.
Every surface that had a straight line (such as a piece of paper, the tv, a table) was starting to move. It was as if the lines were moving, very hard to describe.

Inanimate objects were suddenly shifting and moving.

The visual disturbances were so extreme that I would have been a danger to others and myself if I was alone or if I had gotten up.

I did not feel sleepy or tired at all, just very weird.

I don't drink very much and I have never done any recreational drugs so this was a scary event.

I would not recommend it to anyone, especially if you are alone.

I did go right to sleep as soon as I closed my eyes.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 97803
Published: Oct 3, 2012Views: 10,060
Pharms - Zolpidem (143) : General (1), Medical Use (47), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Alone (16)