Helped GHB Withdrawals
Gabapentin
by Roothlees
Citation:   Roothlees. "Helped GHB Withdrawals: An Experience with Gabapentin (exp97555)". Erowid.org. Sep 18, 2012. erowid.org/exp/97555

900 mg oral Pharms - Gabapentin
  T+ 0:30 1800 mg oral Pharms - Gabapentin
  T+ 5:30 600 mg oral Pharms - Gabapentin

I was prescribed Xyrem (GHB) for narcolepsy about 6 months ago. I had done G a few times recreationally before and knew I would like it. At first I was prescribed the lowest dose, but I kept waking up so the doctor upped the dosage to the max. I started taking it during the day as I felt it gave me energy. I was detoxing from Suboxone at the time as well and the GHB took the edge off and the chills away.

I was taking 50 grams of Xyrem per day and the last 1 month shipment lasted me a week. So here I am, detoxing from a really nasty drug. I couldn't sleep the first night and I had massive tremors the first two days, anxiety through the roof.

T0.0 My psych prescribed me Gabapentin as I am a recovering addict. I was in full WD from the G when I took my first dose (900mg). I went home and started reading about people taking handfuls to feel anything so I thought I'd do the same.

T0.5 I took 6 more pills (1800mg) and relaxed as much as I could, the GHB withdrawals were still full force.

T1.5. I still have tremors but they aren't causing my anxiety to spike, feel more relaxed but heavy as I try to get up. I eat dinner (steak).

T2.5. I fell great, still shaking but not like I was before. I feel it peak very strong for t off about 10 minutes. As intense as exstacy but didn't last nearly as long.

T4.0. Had to drive and it was difficult but manageable. Still feel high, kind of uncomfortable but a welcome feeling none the less. [Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]

T5.5. Played a video game, was on pc for a bit. Starting to feel the effects wear off but am happy, comfortable and tired which is nice. Before lying down I took 2 more (600mg) and feel very good.

I wouldn't have been able to get off Xyrem without Gabapentin. I could see it helping opiate WDs as well. I just hope this one isn't going to be as painful to quit.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 97555
Published: Sep 18, 2012Views: 8,315
Pharms - Gabapentin (183) : Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Addiction & Habituation (10), Alone (16)