Help us get 10 more reviews in 2018! And spread the word that accurate info about psychedelics and other drugs improves health, culture, and policies.
A Meditation Herb
Salvia officinalis
by rosuloanu
Citation:   rosuloanu. "A Meditation Herb: An Experience with Salvia officinalis (exp97385)". Erowid.org. Aug 23, 2012. erowid.org/exp/97385

oral Salvia officinalis (tea)

Whilst exploring herbs to try, I stumbled upon the Common Sage. The very next day, I went to Home Depot and procured myself a small plant. When I got home I planted it and plucked the largest and most mature leaves off. And after drying them I decided to give it a go. I first started off with a little, just a pinch of the herb, and chewed on it in the hope it would release whatever was in there. At first it was easy to swallow, but the bitterness soon caught up and I barely finished the last of it. However, after about 5 minutes it hit me. A simple description would be to call it a meditation herb. I listened to some MGMT and it sounded amazing. Every time I listen to music and smoke or chew sage, I always want to move my body in a fluid manner and it's great fun. It lasts for about 2-3 hours and gives you the 'munchies' after the effects are gone. Overall, a very pleasant experience and one that I have successfully reproduced many times.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 97385
Published: Aug 23, 2012Views: 15,968
Salvia officinalis (475) : Not Applicable (38), Cultivation / Synthesis (31), Music Discussion (22), Preparation / Recipes (30), General (1)