Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
Christmas Eve Trip
Mushrooms
by StrangeDaze
Citation:   StrangeDaze. "Christmas Eve Trip: An Experience with Mushrooms (exp97281)". Erowid.org. Dec 24, 2015. erowid.org/exp/97281

1.5 g oral Mushrooms
  T+ 0:00 .5 g oral Mushrooms
  T+ 2:00 2 hits smoked Cannabis

This story begins a few days before my Christmas break. At the time, I was a junior in high school. I lived with my parents in a small-ish town. I had dosed on mushrooms once before and had a great experience, up until the setting changed drastically.

It was a Wednesday night. I had been researching psychedelics all day long, so obviously my urge to dose was strong. I called a contact and got my shrooms around 11 pm. I didnít take them as soon as I got them, but I knew they were very potent.

Thursday rolls around, itís Christmas eve. I spend the day with my parents outside (it was winter Ė very cold). Iím anticipating this trip to the highest degree. The day rolls by and I decide Iím going to take half of the mushrooms first. Iíll now use a time schedule to describe my trip.

8:30 p.m.

I start eating my Christmas eve dinner. I retreat to the basement, which is where the entire trip takes place. I remove the shrooms and sprinkle some caps (~1.5 grams) on my mashed potatoes. I eat the food and start playing halo 3. Iím excited for the trip, so I decide to eat more (0.5 grams) shrooms.

9:45 p.m.

The shrooms havenít kicked in yet. Iím starting to wonder if they really were good shrooms or not, but still I await before eating any more.

10:30 p.m.

I notice the first visual. The letters on the option menu for Halo 3 start breathing, distorting. I start feeling anxious, realizing that my entire family is upstairs. This is where the trip starts to go downhill. I instantly turn the TV off. I regret eating the shrooms.
I feel the trip starting to come on, except that Iím already beyond with what I was mentally comfortable with. This was all due to my setting. Iím pacing rapidly, so I go into my bathroom to vomit. I smoke some grass (2 hits), but this has no noticeable effect on me. I vomit, but this only makes the psychedelic effects stronger

10:45

Iím tripping balls. These shrooms were very potent. Iím in a full on panic attack. I think to myself ďWhat have I done?Ē. ďI need to stop doing these things (cannabis & mushrooms)Ē. I couldnít stop myself from being anxious, continuously going in a vicious circle. I had prepared a playlist on my Ipod, so I turned that on. It consisted of Sublime, Pink Floyd, and the Beatles. Iím freaking out, wondering if I should go upstairs to inform my mother. I walk up the stairs and crack the door. I shut it and go back downstairs instantly. That was a bad idea. I decide that Iím going to stick the trip out, because Iím still at the the point where I can realize that Iím tripping and that it will end.

11:00

I canít tell the time. Everything is a distorted, conglomerating mess. I can sense the music in another way, different than ever before. I hear layers of music. Everything is in a foreign language, but I can understand it. I turn every light on in the basement, not sure if the thought of a dark room would freak me out. I turn on the TV and watch 17 Again. I donít understand any bit of whats going on, so I continue to trip. Every time I look at the digital clock on my cable box, itís a different time. Eventually, itís breathing and morphing so bad that I canít tell what it says. I feel as though I put myself in a situation where there is no escape and it frightens me.

11:30

Iím stuck to the couch. I want this trip to BE OVER NOW. I canít handle it anymore. Everything in my basement is morphing in miniature circles. Iím closing my eyes, only to see subdued colored fractals. There were lots of yellows, oranges, greens and reds. Iím laying on my back looking at the ceiling, when I notice that the shadows from the tresses are turning purple and blue. I attempt to look at my hand, but all I see is a morphing mass. I feel as though Iím not breathing. My body is in a completely different state.

11:45

The walls wonít stop moving. I feel like Iím liquid, as if everything in the room is moving fluidly in the same way. I close my eyes and see a demonic figure, but this doesnít frighten me. I continue to be useless. This is the point where Iím looking around, rubbing my face, and barely able to comprehend the morphing and distortion of all that I knew in my basement. I can barely sense things visually, because I couldnít really tell what anything was. The music was slowing down and speeding up. Sometimes I would only hear drums, other times it would be loud and thundering. I couldnít comprehend anything whatsoever.

12:00 a.m.

My sister comes downstairs. She inquires as to why every light is on. Iím barely coherent enough to respond, but she doesnít seem aware. She asks me to sign a card for my mother, so I do. I probably wrote something illegible, but she left soon after.

12:30

I go into my bathroom to smoke some grass. I look at myself in the mirror, but all I see is a human form morphing around with its environment. I light the bowl, but this doesnít calm me down one bit. Iím still going full on with anxiety. My pupils are extremely dilated and keep changing size. My eyes grow, shrink, expand, and distort. My face is unrecognizable. The bathroom appears to be 15 feet long, which only confuses me. I want my trip to end.

12:45

I sit down in front of the TV to watch Role Models. The characters are morphing grotesquely. Their eyes expand, shrink. Their noses grow like Pinocchio. They grow cartoon character Dragonball-Z hair. I can barely comprehend it, but itís so amazing and intriguing. I feel somewhat comfortable at this point. Iím completely lost in the trip, I may have experienced ego loss at this point.

1:30
The movie is coming to an end. My anxiety appeared to have died down slightly, so I long to trip harder again. I realize that eating more shrooms wonít do any good, so I relish in the comedown.

1:45

Remember, Iím still tripping rather so. My hands are starting to return to normal. Everything seemsÖ peaceful. I wish to trip longer at this point, ironically because I experienced the worst panic attack ever when I first started.

2:00 a.m.

Iím stoned from the shrooms. I can finally lay my head down and go to sleep.

I woke up around 12:30 the next day. I was in a completely introspective mood. I wanted to shroom again, but I knew that I would have the anxiety. I believe that this one experience has turned me off to shrooms, but I feel as thought I can come to terms with this trip and try them again.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 97281
Published: Dec 24, 2015Views: 1,446
Mushrooms (39) : Difficult Experiences (5), Alone (16)