Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Anxiety Brought Back By Ecstasy
MDMA (Ecstasy)
by Respondent 75
From Ecstasy.org Collection
Citation:   Respondent 75. "Anxiety Brought Back By Ecstasy: An Experience with MDMA (Ecstasy) (exp96942)". Erowid.org. Jul 20, 2012. erowid.org/exp/96942

.5 tablets oral MDMA

Ecstasy brought back my anxiety

In 96, I came down with an anxiety disorder which lasted until year end 97 after some psychotherapy, a lot of soul searching, and a l lot of learning about myself. I felt this problem came on for a number of real reasons, not necessarily my casual use of e.

At any rate, I guess I had to test my limits on New Year's Eve and did a half a hit of e. I cannot be totally sure what exactly I took: I certainly got ectasy like effects, but my heart rate was over 120 6 hours after I took a half pill!

Well, the point is, I am now back to being very anxious again. I realize it was a mistake for me to take the e, but its too late now. I had my 4 hours of fun and now have to pay the price! I pretty sure that this stuff altered my brain chemistry or at least threw it out of whack temporarily. I'm still wiped out, I've slept a ton (12 hours a night), and I have a lot of anxiety and mild depression.

I certainly would highly discourage the use of e by any person with a history of anxiety, depression, or any other neuroses, it doesn't help, TRUST ME!!!

Exp Year: 1998ExpID: 96942
Published: Jul 20, 2012Views: 3,474
MDMA (3) : Unknown Context (20), Health Problems (27)