Thinning Out Your Physical Library?
If you have books or periodicals about drugs, contribute them to Erowid!
Your old books will find a good home in our library or for a supporter. [details]
If 6 Was 9
DOI, 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-MIPT & 5-MeO-MIPT
by haunted630
Citation:   haunted630. "If 6 Was 9: An Experience with DOI, 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-MIPT & 5-MeO-MIPT (exp96924)". Erowid.org. Dec 1, 2016. erowid.org/exp/96924

Vitamins / Supplements (daily)
    oral DOI (liquid)
    oral 4-HO-MET (liquid)
    oral 4-HO-MiPT (liquid)
    oral 5-MeO-MIPT (liquid)

Set and Setting: Overall my mood in the last 3 months has been incredibly positive. There has been some major progress, acceptance, and understanding about life - learning to be a father, husband, and son. Earning a masters degree. However, Iíve been in a bit of a funk for a couple weeks. Not affecting my mood but my mind and spirit. Very internal. My family, wife and son, are away on vacation for a week. Iím home alone with my two dogs. A couple days earlier I found out I didnít get a job I really wanted and thought I needed. The day is beautiful, itís a partly cloudy, summer afternoon.

Vitamin B complex taken daily. Clonazepam taken as needed for anxiety.

Around 3:30pm I took four different chemicals, the quantities were deliberately unmeasured (donít try this at home) as they were what was left in a very small zip bag after the contents has been emptied but there is a film coating the bag. No loose powder, a few milligrams of each at most. From previous experiments I believed the quantities werenít dangerous- at least not physically. The four chemicals were: 5-Meo-MIPT, 4-HO-MIPT, 4-HO-MET, and DOI. The first three were labeled but the DOI was a mystery/surprise until few hours in. I rinsed all four of the bags into a glass with water, added a small amount of lemon juice (still had a bitter taste), and drank the potion on an empty stomach.

I have done a lot of carefully measured experiments and have been left unsatisfied. I'm either tripping or I'm not and I rarely find the research chemical experience (aside from the classics) to be what I consider tripping- mind, body, soul, even at strong doses. With this experiment I was trying to get back to the earlier days of mystery, no expectations, and approaching the world with a child-like exuberance. I couldnít have planned it if I tried. It was beautiful. Hereís what I recall as best I can. I tried writing down what I could during the experience so many of the times are accurate. At the time I was writing things down in case I totally lost it, a real possibility in my mind, and so I could remember things like when I last drank water and ate some food. Yeah, I was really gone.

T-0:00- down the hatch
T-0:30- first alerts, very tactile, rolly- the typical come up I get from 5-Meo-MIPT and 4-HO-MIPT and typical timing
T-1:30- starting to melt into the couch a bit
T-2:00- music starting to sound a bit different- echoey, and the ceiling is swirling a bit as if it were steam or smoke. At this point this has been a fun but typical ++ experience with 5-Meo-MIPT and 4-HO-MIPT. These two chems mostly wear off after a couple hours.

T-2:30- At this point I feel something else adding to the mix, different visual and different energy. 4-HO-MET? I feed the dogs and take them out for a walk. A bit of confusion sets in about what to do and where to go. Where are the dogsí leashes for that matter? Everything is starting to look dirty and gross- a feeling I get when certain psychedelics set in.
Itís happened with 4-HO-MET before. I manage to find the leashes and get on a walk. I live in a pit of a town surrounded by immense natural beauty and wilderness. There is road construction across from my house and they just got done repaving the main road in town. Iím surrounded by construction. With the propane and heating oil companies, fuel stations, and stinky new pavement everywhere itís hard not to be overwhelmed by petroleum. Itís hot, around 80, and sunny. For some reason town smells like garbage as Iím walking through. NY State- garbage even when there isnít any nearby. Got me thinking about mobsters and garbage and all sorts of twisted shit as I turned to walk down an old railroad track. The tracks are covered in, you guessed it, garbage! Broken glass and shit everywhere. Seems like the base of the track is built out old crusty petroleum trash, not the typical coarse rock, really weird. After only a few minutes I can see the edge of the woods and one of the incredible lakes next to town.

The tracks go out across the lake over a narrow land bridge and continue into a large track of wilderness. As I got out over the water I stopped. There was a slight breeze and gentle ripples on the water. It was near sunset with nice angled light on the water.

T-3:00- Iím guessing at the time, I didnít have a watch. While out over the water I realized this was an experience unlike anything Iíve had before. When I looked at the lake the ripples, sky, clouds, my skin, everything would start moving, melting, swirling, growing, shrinking, sparkling, breathing, and flowing together, making patterns with electric colors and you name it really. Every visual Iíve ever had was happening all at once to everything, unstoppable and at will too. I usually have to work to see these visuals, un-focus my eyes, etc. I had serious fish eye vision- warped and rounded along with all the other visuals at the same time, which has never happened before. I realized that the trip was still intensifying and I didnít know how far it would go or for how long. At this point I wasnít sure I had taken DOI- a real long lasting powerhouse, but I knew it wasnít just the 4-HO-MET.

T-3:30- The dogs and I continue our walk until the bugs became too much to handle and we turned around. As we walked home through a patch of forest the air was glowing green, or it looked that way. Along the walk I had time to think about several aspects of my life, where I live, and what Iím doing here. It was very therapeutic with many personal epiphanies. Like ďitís hard work to relaxĒ. Looking back that was the DOI and my ADHD personality teaming up. I need to be busy or I canít relax. Funny, because itís a paradox but it makes total sense- work the body to relax the mind. Takes practice, especially when amped up on DOI. I was thinking and understanding in a new and different way.

T-4:00- Home. Iím enjoying the experience but realize I am spun, more spun than I have ever been, and I donít know what is going to happen since Iím already 4hrs in. So I emptied anything important from my pockets and put it in a safe place. I drank a liter of water and started to write down what I could recall up to that point- for my own sanity and as a record. After I came to grips with what I had done, by writing it down, I was able to relax and enjoy it. The key is to deal with energy, tension, and fear if present. I was ready.

T-4:30- 8:30- I put on some music- Bob Marley to start. I listened to a lot of music throughout the night. Really amazing- similar to LSD, really opened my soul.

My wife called from her family vacation. We had a great talk. She told me a crazy story about mermaids, how they are real, about cave drawings and mythology, and how the government has evidence theyíre covering up to hide military secrets. Hilarious! Really, just perfect for the moment.

I played the strings till my fingers were gone, a momentary lapse of reason. I was a bit injured for playing the rest of the night. It was worth it though, I was channeling Jimi with just the right amount of distortion and wah. It was epic! My guitar was singing the blues. Has never happened like that in 10 years of playing. AnywayÖ..

During these hours and throughout the night I took an occasional bong rip, ate Blueberry X NL canna-candy regularly, and chewed gum to ease the jaw tension. I also regularly drank water, ate dates, nuts, strawberries, kiwi, and mango. Fuel the fire.

A note about tension- I had to be very conscious of tension in my entire body- legs, back, gut, shoulders, and jaw. I would gently stretch these parts of my body throughout the experience and practice progressive relaxation. Iíve seen other reports mention the body-load from DOI, perhaps itís this tension/energy. Moving and dancing really helped and felt soooooo good. I hadnít noticed this much during other low dose (1-2mg) DOI experiences.

T-9:00- Noticeably less visuals (similar to an average LSD trip now) but no end to the amount of energy or fantastic mood.

T-9:00-26:00- Listened to music, played guitar, danced, paced the house, baked muffins, worked in the garden, picked and ate berries, layed in bed

This was definitely one of the most intense experiences Iíve ever had. I consider myself an experienced psychonaut. This was definitely +++ and bordered ++++ at times, which I didnít think I was capable of. Looking back and putting all the pieces together I think the heart of the experience, and what was truly mind blowing, was the DOI with some of the 4-HO-MET mixed in @ T-4:00-T-8:00.
Until this point I didnít think Iíd ever bother to write a report or compare a new research chemical to LSD but here I am.

For the record going back to 1996 Iíve experienced alone and in combinations:
LSD, mushrooms, salvia, san pedro, mescaline, Syrian rue, sass, MDMA, DMT, 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-MIPT, 5-Meo-MIPT, DOI, 25C-NBOME, 25I-NBMD, 2C-C, 2C-P, 2C-D, 2C-I, 2C-E, Methoxetamine, 4-FA, NEB, benzofury, ketamine, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates, opium, pcp, benzodiazepines, cannabisÖ

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 96924
Published: Dec 1, 2016Views: 1,428
DOI (259), 4-HO-MET (436), 4-HO-MiPT (342), 5-MeO-MIPT (287) : Combinations (3), Alone (16)