Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Could Have Been Great
Methoxetamine
by Intronaut
Citation:   Intronaut. "Could Have Been Great: An Experience with Methoxetamine (exp96775)". Erowid.org. Feb 4, 2016. erowid.org/exp/96775

oral Methoxetamine (powder / crystals)
    repeated oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine
    smoked Cannabis

I went over to a friendís house looking for something to do. He told me he had some MXE and that he and his roommate had already taken some. These guys have taken more substances than anyone else I know, and they know them each well enough that I regard their opinions. They offered me some after describing the effects: itís a mild dissociative psychedelic, it mixes well with alcohol, itís very mellow. I tentatively agreed to try some (I usually donít try things I havenít researched on my own). They tipped a tiny amount of powder into a can of Mickeyís Malt Liquor for me to drink. I finished it at a leisurely pace and started playing beer-pong. Before the end of the game I was feeling happy, silly, and my legs were wobbling all over the place. The visual impact was slight but pleasant.

We decided to go to a party and I was all for it. I donít remember many specifics of what happened at the party, aside from the fact that it was packed with friends and classmates of mine, and that I signed up to play beer-pong at the bottom of a long list. I floated around and had another beer or two, feeling very jolly, but not quite as inebriated as I expected. I sat down to smoke some weed with friends thinking to myself, ďThis will get me where I need to be.Ē I took one big hit from a bubbler and started coughing my lungs out. When I finally caught my breath I was extremely high and felt too socially uncomfortable to have a conversation with anyone. I stepped outside, barely in control of my actions and spontaneously decided to call my girlfriend. I donít know what we talked about but I know I was coherent. I told her to come meet me at the party.

After the conversation was over, I remember finding my friends with whom I had come to the party and expressing my desire to go somewhere quieter to relax. We needed to find our other friends in order to do so, and while I was waiting for that to happen I became very nauseous. I stood next to the car and vomited onto the sidewalk for about 5-10 minutes. I didnít panic, I just looked forward to my next deep breath. When it came I felt momentarily better, but I started to feel anxious. My heart rate was getting higher and I found it difficult to relax. Eventually we got in the car and headed back to the house where I had originally taken the MXE. I calmed myself by doing yoga on the kitchen floor for about half an hour and discovered a new routine that I still do every once in a while.

Overall, I was disappointed by my own choices and wish I would have been more patient with the experience. I could have enjoyed the MXE more thoroughly if I hadnít been so determined to get ďfucked up.Ē I think it was generally a good combination with alcohol, but I donít recommend overdoing it. My experience turned for the worse when I got too high, so it seems to me that it doesnít mix well with cannabis. That might just be a personal thing, as I have had occasional negative reactions to weed such as this for a while now. This was the first and only time I ever tried MXE, so bear that in mind as well.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 96775
Published: Feb 4, 2016Views: 1,983
Methoxetamine (527) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Combinations (3), First Times (2)