Help us get 10 more reviews! And spread the word that accurate info about psychedelics and other drugs improves health, culture, and policies.
Beneficial at Appropriate Dosage
Phenibut
by MilkSteakMaster
Citation:   MilkSteakMaster. "Beneficial at Appropriate Dosage: An Experience with Phenibut (exp96073)". Erowid.org. Feb 25, 2019. erowid.org/exp/96073

3 g oral Smarts - Phenibut

This was my first time trying a nootropic. I have previous experience with marijuana, DXM, and LSA. After reading many personal experiences I decided to try phenibut. I dosed 3 grams into Dr. Pepper and consumed over the course of a half an hour. The stuff is very bitter, but definitely drinkable This was at 3pm.

T+1:00 not feeling anything yet, possible placebo relaxation.

T+ 2:00 it's starting to kick in very strongly. I have the reduction of peripheral senses like having had 3 or 4 beers. This actually helps me focus better when doing homework. Definitely loss of anxiety and slight buzzing. No exhaustion or slowed reaction like alcohol.

T+5:00 still going strong I am now extremely energetic and want to go run several miles (I'm not in the greatest shape, so several miles would be an intense work out). I end up working just in the house. Still studying for a test and the material seems very clear. Slight waves of euphoria coming in and out.

T+8:00 effects begin to ware off.

I ended up staying up all night to study for the test. Around 11am the next morning I started feeling very exhausted and nauseated. Probably due more to being sleep deprived, but I have heard 3 grams is a large first time dose. The sickness was unpleasent, but I can see using this at smaller dose in the future. Hopefully at smaller doses I can take it more frequently than once a week.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 96073
Published: Feb 25, 2019Views: 1,411
Smarts - Phenibut (379) : Performance Enhancement (50), First Times (2), Alone (16)