Naloxone Access & Experience Survey
Help out researchers at Emory University School of Medicine by answering a short 5-15 minute survey on your thoughts about and experiences with naloxone and opiates. [ Go To Survey ]
Very, Very Unpleasant
Amanita muscaria var. muscaria
by jesterboy
Citation:   jesterboy. "Very, Very Unpleasant: An Experience with Amanita muscaria var. muscaria (exp9601)". Erowid.org. Oct 3, 2001. erowid.org/exp/9601

15 g oral Amanitas - A. muscaria (tea)

First of all this was about he most unpleasant thing I've ever done. My wife and I split 30 grams of dried aminitas. We ground them up in a coffie grinder and then heated them on the stove with water for about 45 minutes. We started to drink them about 5:15 and finished about 5:25. The taste was not apetizing at all. My wife started to feel sick at about 5:45 and we both were getting light headed. I got up to use the restroom and i felt like i was drunk; but only in my head. For about the next 30 minutes we watched TV. andabout 6:20 I had to vomit. We bot had a tottaly 'in the head' feeling. The only thing I felt in my body was like i was being pushed into the couch. When I closed my eyes I felt like I was falling. My wife felt the same way. About 6:30 I went outside because I was cold. Even though it was 80 - 90 degreese outside I was still cold. I found myself sweating profously, and salvating like my favorite dish was on the stove.

After baout 30 minutes I went to lay on the couch. I still felt the same.. in my head. My wife looked like she was asleep so I didn't bother her. I was still sweating really bad...but still cold. So I got a blanket and tried to go to sleep. It didn't work. The blanket made me sweat more, which made me colder' and so on. For about the next three hours I felt this way. Finally about 10:00 I started to feel normal. So I got something to eat and when I diddnt feel anything anymore I was really tired so I was able to go to sleep. Sleep came easy accept I kept waking up with a soaking wet pillow; and I dont ussually drool when I sleep. The next morning i woke up and felt fine. There were no after efects like LSD or anything. As an ending note...neither of us will EVER take Aminitas again.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 9601
Published: Oct 3, 2001Views: 29,162
Amanitas - A. muscaria (70) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Bad Trips (6)