Have you tried Peyote, San Pedro, or pure Mescaline?
Take this 45 minute survey!
Bitten by the Snake
Damiana, Spice and Synthetic Cannabinoids ('Black Mamba') & Tobacco
by Alice B.Toklas
Citation:   Alice B.Toklas. "Bitten by the Snake: An Experience with Damiana, Spice and Synthetic Cannabinoids ('Black Mamba') & Tobacco (exp95991)". Erowid.org. Oct 30, 2016. erowid.org/exp/95991

smoked Tobacco
    smoked Damiana
    smoked MDMB-CHMICA

BODY WEIGHT: 15 st

Iím a 50 yr old female, been smoking marijuana for most of my adult life, Iíve tried most of the other drugs too. Iím used to good quality weed and have a pretty high tolerance. My supply had dried up and I hadnít had a smoke for a few weeks. I decided to find out more about the legal highs and after some research decided Black Mamba was the most promising and easily available one for a marijuana-type high.

Having read reviews, the advice from experienced smokers was to take it easy first time so I rolled a single-skin joint and used a readymade filter tip so the actual size of the joint was about an inch and a half. I sprinkled what I thought was a small pinch (about two match heads) onto my usual tobacco and rolled.
It was the evening following a day which wasnít particularly stressful or eventful in anyway; I hadnít taken anything else or even had a glass of wine.

I sparked the joint and after 3 or 4 tokes felt what I thought was that familiar rolling ball coming towards me, usually get this kind of rush from very good Indian hash or temple ball but this was different. It didnít stop, just kept rolling on, flooding me from the feet up.
I put the rest of the joint out deciding to see where this took me before smoking any more, Iím glad I did!

Whilst the Ďhead highí was quite nice and bright, the accelerated heartbeat made me anxious, Iíve had the odd Ďwhiteyí in my time, havenít we all, also the fast heart beat but this was different. Iíd read that the high only lasted 30 mins or so which helped to keep me calm but even so the anxiety was rising, would I induce a heart attack? Iím not the fittest of people and considerably overweight so already in the risk category. I struggled (and managed ) to avoid an anxiety attack but thought I should phone someone as I really thought the risk of heart attack was significant. This kind of anxiety on the weed is very unusual for me, and even when it does very occasionally arise I don't act on it but this time I was on my feet pacing, trying to slow my breathing to slow my heart rate. I got to the phone. The first friend I phoned went to ansaphone so tried another but I couldnít remember the order of the numbers, this was the case for 5 or 6 attempts when I realised that distraction / absorption into activity helped, my heart still pounding fast and strong but less anxious, I decided to carry on trying to reach a friend, though the need to do so and the panic was receding, the activity was useful.

I noticed my dog was also getting quite anxious at my strange mood and behaviour so decided to try and calm her, sitting on the sofa stroking her and talking to her, conscious that this would also help to keep me calm. It did, my heartbeat was slowing and my breathing coming back to normal, it was about 40 mins till I was feeling okay again, feeling nicely stoned on the downside of the high. Also feeling quite grateful I hadnít been successful in reaching a friend as Iíd be feeling pretty foolish.

[Erowid Note: Cannabis substitute "spice" type smoking blends, "Bath salts", "plant food", "incense", "tea" and similar products generally do not accurately list psychoactive ingredients or dosage on their packaging. Analysis has revealed that ingredients in a single product of this type may vary over time. The component chemical(s) may be different than what is assumed for this report.]

I finished the rest of the small joint in two goes that evening and knowing what to expect helped me enjoy it.

Later, thinking about the experience Iím sure that some reservations about trying an unknown substance contributed to the anxiety, also the realisation that even though Iíd used a small pinch and smoked less than half, Iíd actually used too much. The speed with which it came on was surprising and so was its strength.
The speed with which it came on was surprising and so was its strength.
The depth of the stone wasnít there for me. The anxiety could easily have gripped me and I can easily imagine being tossed around in its throes like a boat at sea in a storm if I hadnít have been able to get a grip, it could have been hell, the venom of the snake.

The following evening I smoked it again, this time less anxious about the substance and knowing what to expect, also using smaller amount gave me a pleasant stone. It may be legal but it really is Ďbig boyís (and girlís) toys. The following day I felt a bit spaced out and floaty but functional.

The conclusion? Itís appropriately named, treat with respect and itís an acceptable alternative to the weed.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 95991
Published: Oct 30, 2016Views: 1,280
Products - Spice-Like Smoking Blends (472) : Alone (16), Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2)