Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help spread accurate, independent information.
Reality
Nitrous Oxide & Oxygen
by Jnasty
Citation:   Jnasty. "Reality: An Experience with Nitrous Oxide & Oxygen (exp94535)". Erowid.org. Feb 24, 2019. erowid.org/exp/94535

inhaled Nitrous Oxide (gas)
    inhaled Oxygen (gas)

I went to the dentist to get 3 fillings in my front teeth. I had gotten laughing gas before when I was around 12 years old and it didn't phase me, I felt no effect.

This time when I went to the dentist, I got it again (through a gas mask on my nose) and I felt fine when I had Novocaine injected (it still hurt....) then as they began drilling my teeth my feeling of reality started vibrating. The dentist and dentist assistant's voice were muffled and I couldn't understand what they were saying. I started seeing tracers of the lights above me. I felt woozy and like I was fighting death.
I felt woozy and like I was fighting death.
I couldn't convince myself that I wasn't going to die. I also couldn't fathom the way to tell the dentist that I needed the gas to be shut off and turned on to oxygen, so I begun to try to raise my arms to pull the mask off, and they wouldn't let me because that's dangerous. I couldn't even talk after the prop was taken out of my mouth and I resorted to making desperate hand signals for the removal. My eyes were watering and I went into a panic attack, they then turned off the gas and made sure I kept on the oxygen mask for 5 minutes.

I was shaky, nervous and jumpy for the remainder of the day. Yeah, no fun. And to think that the only reason that this probably happened was because I was fighting sleep...

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 94535
Published: Feb 24, 2019Views: 181
Nitrous Oxide (40) : Combinations (3), Difficult Experiences (5), Medical Use (47), Hospital (36)