Cat trip
Catnip
by mittenman
Citation:   mittenman. "Cat trip: An Experience with Catnip (exp9411)". Erowid.org. Sep 14, 2001. erowid.org/exp/9411

5 bowls smoked Catnip (plant material)

Last week four friends and I were in a local store when one buddy brought up the fact that he had read that catnip could get you high. Whatever, we thought, it was worth a try for a price of $2.39 per half ounce (don't we all wish weed costed this much?). So we bought the bag and walked to a nearby park where the four of us sat in a circle and my friend W proceeded to pack a fat bowl of the stuff. We passed the bowl around and were surprised that the burning catnip smelled almost reminiscent to pot. The smoke had a more 'sharp' feeling to it than marijuana and also had a bit of an unsettling flavour. After smoking 5 bowls we stood up and began to walk home. Upon standing I could definately notice a marijuana-like sedated buzz, but it was almost too weak to identify. The motions of my eyes seemed to be a bit behind the motions of my head, my limbs felt slightly heavy and all-in-all I felt quite relaxed. Upon returning home I noticed that I felt even more docile, like all I wanted to do was relax.

The catnip high was far from strong, but it was definately worth trying and costed almost nothing.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 9411
Published: Sep 14, 2001Views: 64,432
Catnip (68) : Small Group (2-9) (17), General (1)