More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
Only 250 of those contribute $1 or more.
If you use Erowid, Please Donate.
Stuck
Products - Spice and Synthetic Cannabinoids ('Demon')
by Ange
Citation:   Ange. "Stuck: An Experience with Products - Spice and Synthetic Cannabinoids ('Demon') (exp94072)". Erowid.org. Jul 27, 2012. erowid.org/exp/94072

2 hits smoked Products - Spice and Synthetic Cannabinoids

I apologize for the length of this post, but this is a very vivid, disturbing experience for me, and if I can prevent someone else from experiencing anything like it, itís worth it to me. I decided to try a (then) legal version of cannabis when I was 21. This herbal smoking blend was called Demon, and was a favorite of my significant other, so I wasn't too worried about any negative experiences. I was wrong.

I had tried bud quite a few times, and I always had very positive experiences. I was usually very light, positive, hungry and happy, and frequently ended the night with fantastic sexual experiences and a great nightís sleep. I believe my first mistake was smoking out of a water pipe. I was used to smoking out of a spoon pipe, and did not realize that I would get a stronger, cleaner hit from a water pipe, but since this was his usual form of smoking Demon, I didnít complain.

We began smoking while sitting on bar stools in his kitchen. I knew I would be safe in his house, as his roommates were my friends and also smoked, so I had no worries of being caught or getting in any kind of trouble. I also turned off and hid my phone, just in case I decided I needed to call family members. (That had been a common issue with former highs). After feeling I was prepared, I let my boyfriend light the bowl.

I didnít immediately feel anything, and I noticed that smoking Demon was unlike bud in that it didnít burn at all, had a very sweet scent, and vaguely reminded me of cooking spices. I was able to hold my hit for about ten seconds before exhaling, and decided to take another hit since I didnít feel anything. After about ten minutes I began to feel increasingly heavy and uncomfortable. The smoke coming from my boyfriendís mouth formed faces that scared me. It didnít feel anything like any other time I had smoked, where I gradually felt lighter, happier and warm. It was the exact opposite.

I realized a few things at the same time. One: I couldnít move my limbs at all. Two: I had no idea what was going on, but I couldnít see anything around me. Three: I knew I needed to lie down, but I couldnít move, and I also couldnít figure out where I was in relation to the bedroom. I began to feel as if my body and then everything around me was being sucked into my head, and I began to think I was going to be forever trapped within my brain. I then convinced myself I was in a coma and my entire life had been a dream, and when I died in this reality, I would wake up from my coma.

Every five minutes or so, I would snap back to reality, see the water pipe sitting on the counter and realize where I was. Before I could tell my boyfriend that something was horribly wrong, I was back into my head. I felt trapped: like I couldnít escape from my own brain. I was terrified. I felt like I was screaming, but no noise was coming out of my mouth. Apparently, the whole time this was happening, I was sitting on the bar stool perfectly still staring at the wall.

My boyfriend eventually became afraid and tried to pick me up and move me into the bedroom. It was as if I was seeing what was happening from a third person perspective, and I couldnít speak. I couldnít move. I was completely rigid, and when I finally snapped back to reality I was still in a sitting position, lying on my side in the bed. At a few points I apparently mumbled ďthis is real, the pipe is real, the counter is real, I donít want to go backÖĒ before slipping back into my mind.

After I came down, I remember crying. I hated the feeling of being completely helpless, and unable to tell anyone what was happening. It was as if I couldnít even distinguish that I was just having a bad trip: I just thought this was my new permanent reality. I felt like my high lasted for days, but in reality it only lasted a few hours. I felt tired, heavy and sick to my stomach, and my eyes were bloodshot. My mouth was extremely dry, and my boyfriend was terrified. Needless to say, not something I will be doing again.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 94072
Published: Jul 27, 2012Views: 6,352
Products - Spice-Like Smoking Blends (472) : First Times (2), Difficult Experiences (5), Small Group (2-9) (17)