Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Saved Me From Opiate Withdrawal
Gabapentin
by Ivy
Citation:   Ivy. "Saved Me From Opiate Withdrawal: An Experience with Gabapentin (exp93966)". Erowid.org. Jan 29, 2016. erowid.org/exp/93966

900 mg oral Pharms - Gabapentin (capsule)
  T+ 2:00 1200 mg oral Pharms - Gabapentin (capsule)

I am writing to share my experience with Gabapentin. A little about me-I have been in several car accidents, resulting in headaches and chronic back pain from pinched nerves. I have been on and off opiates for more than ten years. My pain management doctor has me on Percocet and prescribed Gabapentin for the pinched nerve.

Of course I always run out of my percocet about 6 days in, and I spend 3 days feeling like absolute shit. For the last three days, I have had the anxiety/chest pains,cold sweats, runny nose, yawning every 5 minutes-all the typical withdrawal symptoms. I was getting desperate, and looking really shitty at work being in withdrawal. Then I remembered seeing online Gabapentin works for withdrawal. Eureka! I picked up my script and immediately popped 3 capsules. I felt no effects, and no lessening of my withdrawal symptoms until about 2 hours in I began to feel a little lightheaded-not alarming- and then a sort of disconnected feeling. Kind of enjoyable. My withdrawal symptoms had lessened, chest pains were gone as well as the stomach pain.

I took 4 more at this time ( 1200mg- total 2100mg in about 3 hours) because the restless arms were driving me crazy. About 45 minutes later I finally fell asleep, slept for an amazing 4 hours (and if you're in withdrawal 4 hours is great) and woke up about 2 am with my symptoms totally subsided. Gabapentin is AMAZING.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 93966
Published: Jan 29, 2016Views: 6,742
Pharms - Gabapentin (183) : Glowing Experiences (4), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Not Applicable (38)