Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. [See Progress]
We still need 255 donations to meet our goal!

Donate by Bitcoin
Flavour Improvement by Burning
Calea zacatechichi
by curaezipirid
Citation:   curaezipirid. "Flavour Improvement by Burning: An Experience with Calea zacatechichi (exp93744)". Erowid.org. May 6, 2019. erowid.org/exp/93744

oral Calea zacatechichi (tea)

Received 20 g of calcae zacatechichi by post. Waited a few days thinking. Made tea, put less than one gram into water, to test for strength etc.

Having read the report, that like heimia salicifolia, calcae zacatechichi is stronger when the tea included alcohol, I wondered what else I had in my house which I could add, since we have no alcohol here. Sugars often work similarly to alcohol for holding other substances in, and I used eucalyptus lozenge lollies, because that is what I had, and because I already know very well, how eucalyptus affects me.

Then, by accident, I let the tea boil dry, and by the time I got to the pot, the leaves were all charred, and the sugar soaked into the leaves, and charred with them.

I added cold water to the burnt leaves, reheated it slightly, and tried my luck at simply straining it and drinking. It surprised me how strongly it is still effecting me now, over twenty four hours later. Didnít even need to smoke any to bring it on. I am seeing more detail in shapes, both with my inner vision, and also through my eyes, perceiving more minute details in the patterns of everything I see. I am also noticing the normal effect of earth element psycho-actives, of being drawn into repetition of habits rather than of noticing anything new around me. It is not a very strongly psycho-active plant perhaps, but longer lasting than I had anticipated, especially from use of only one gram. But it could be perhaps because I regularly withdraw and detoxify fully from cannabis (six months without it takes at least to clear it all out), that I am still sensitive to the effects of the calea zacatechichi now, a full twenty four hours after drinking my burned tea.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 93744
Published: May 6, 2019Views: 475
Calea zacatechichi (97) : Preparation / Recipes (30), Unknown Context (20)