Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Unusual Mix
Kava, Bacopa monnieri, Catuaba & Caffeine
by mindtraveler8000
Citation:   mindtraveler8000. "Unusual Mix: An Experience with Kava, Bacopa monnieri, Catuaba & Caffeine (exp93411)". Erowid.org. Oct 19, 2015. erowid.org/exp/93411

200 mg oral Caffeine (liquid)
      Kava (tea)
      Catuaba (tea)
      Bacopa monnieri (tea)

I am a 22 year old 200lbs man going to college and working full time. I have various responsibilities that require my sobriety on a consistent basis. However, Iíve learned to work around this by experimenting with various legal herbs. Over the years, Iíve learned to treat all of them with respect and reverence, since, if one is not careful, bad things can and do happen.

I have been using Kava Kava for a few years now, and love it. It makes me feel good, and I always have a good time when using it, whether itís right before bed, or right before class, or what have you. I had made a half gallon of strong Tongan Kava that I let sit in my fridge for about a week (perhaps not the best idea) and the result was an extremely strong batch. Then I decided to brew a mix of Bacopa and Catuaba, seeing as they may have synergistic effects with the Kava. Now once this mix was complete, thatís when things get interesting.

I started off with having an energy shot about an hour before ingesting the mix, consuming about 200mgs of caffeine, after taking about three days to allow my tolerance to level out. (Iím a heavy coffee drinker) I then drank half a cup of this stuff. OH BOY! My initial reaction was a pronounced sedation and muscle relaxation. Everything was funny and my body was warm. This pleasant body high lasted for about half an hour.

At this point, I assume the Catuaba began to take effect, because I went from feeling relaxed and calm, to feeling very awake, and now the warm sensations turned into fire! I began to feel very aggressive, and I have to assume that this is a direct result of not having a partner readily available. I felt ready to fight right there. This feeling continued for about another half an hour, peaking with me laughing manically and punching a wall. I could feel no pain and my thinking became erratic and I believe I ended up having a panic attack. By the time I came down from the mania, I felt quite normal, as if I hadnít taken anything.

I still have a lot left, and I suppose next time Iíll just have a smaller dose.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 93411
Published: Oct 19, 2015Views: 2,478
Caffeine (11), Kava (30) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Combinations (3), Alone (16)