Do you know about DrugsData.org?
It's an Erowid project that does lab drug testing of anonymously
submitted samples & publishes the results online. [See Recent Results]
Lost in the Cosmos
Salvia Divinorum
by Gibson
Citation:   Gibson. "Lost in the Cosmos: An Experience with Salvia Divinorum (exp93159)". Erowid.org. Feb 24, 2021. erowid.org/exp/93159

1 bowl smoked Salvia divinorum

I'd experimented with Salvia the night prior, having done yoga/relaxation prior, and having taken much smaller hits. This time, I simply walked into my grow room (my 'happy place' where my bud grows, where its warm/bright with positive energy), loaded a healthy bowl, and took a fat rip.

If I were to have a graph charting the 'peak' of this stuff, it would basically be a few seconds of disorientation, and then a sheer cliff going straight up, then slowly breaking off about 25-30 seconds later.

Basically, what happened, I felt kind of dizzy and such for about 4-5 seconds, then immediately needed to lie down. I went into child's pose, like in yoga, and pretty much left my body. My vision kind of look liked I was in a prism for a few moments, and felt pretty intense fear. I wanted to call out to my Dad (he was working a few rooms over) but he had clients there so I didn't want to embarrass him. It felt like I was spinning on axis, lost in time and space, having lost all concept of where I was. I tried sitting up and meditating out of it, but it was fairly impossible. I felt strange vibrations in my body.

Fortunately, this only lasted for a minute or so. When I finally came to, somehow, I had perspired quite a bit, and didn't have a strong recollection of how much time had passed, though I knew it had only been moments (but felt like forever). I immediately went to my room and jumped on my bed. I had to take off my socks/shirt because I was sweating pretty heavily, and closed the blinds as I had somewhat of a headache. I threw something on the TV, and immediately gave in to my desire to sleep..

Overall, it was pretty rough, but I'm glad it only lasted a short while. I had no idea it would be like that, and if I could go back, I much rather would have done it in the presence of a friend. That, and it probably would have been wise to have taken a hit sitting down, as to not pass out or anything….

Would I do this on a regular basis, for fun? Probably not. The sensation was still pretty remarkable, though.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 93159
Published: Feb 24, 2021Views: 134
Salvia divinorum (44) : General (1), Alone (16)