Thinning Out Your Physical Library?
If you have books or periodicals about drugs, contribute them to Erowid!
Your old books will find a good home in our library or for a supporter. [details]
Opiate Enjoyment
Oxycodone
by Big Red
Citation:   Big Red. "Opiate Enjoyment: An Experience with Oxycodone (exp9307)". Erowid.org. Jun 14, 2002. erowid.org/exp/9307

10 mg oral Pharms - Oxycodone (pill / tablet)
  50 mg oral Pharms - Oxycodone (pill / tablet)

I have always been a fan of perscription pills, specifically narcotic pain relivers. So when a new neighbor gave me some of his oxycontin script I was thrilled. Much publicity has arisen regarding this drug so I was determined to find out its real effects. The setting was at my house. My roommate was out of town which was perfect as I am wary of public settings unless I am familiar with the substance and can navigate. I began with taking two of the 5 mg instant release capsules. At about 30 mins. later I began feeling truly amazing feelings. The drug gave me the familiar itchy feeling coupled with sweats and pupil constriction. The side effects are mild and can easily be ignored.

I felt a huge desire to listen to music as i surrounded myself with pillows on the bed. I was suprised by how tactile Oxy is. It remindeds my of MDMA as indescribable pleasure waved through my body. I wanted to touch and feel different textures. I increased my dose by crushing some of the 80 mg tablet and swallowing it. I also experienced a peak like MDMA. The feeling was almost orgasmic as the Oxy blinds all you pain receptors leaving only serotonin to flood my blood stream. I did manage to go to a local party for a little while but avoided all alcohol consumption.

In conclusion, Oxycontin is by far the strongest pharm. I have taken. I took it over the course of the weekend and in that short time period I had to increase my dosage every time to get the same effect. And my body began to crave it which is disturbing considering I don't have an addictive personality. In all it was great to try but Oxy's addictive potential makes it ultimately undesirable.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 9307
Published: Jun 14, 2002Views: 8,945
Oxycodone (176) : Alone (16), Addiction & Habituation (10), General (1)