Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Everything I Wished Drunkenness Would Be
Diazepam
by Almond
Citation:   Almond. "Everything I Wished Drunkenness Would Be: An Experience with Diazepam (exp92892)". Erowid.org. Oct 26, 2017. erowid.org/exp/92892

1- mg oral Pharms - Diazepam (pill / tablet)

For my first time taking Valium, I kept a timestamped log.

10:50PM I ingest two tablets of Valium (5mg each).
10:54PM I have a mild headache. Drink some water.
10:58PM Sudden onset of a pleasant, dreamy feeling. My head swims a little, but it's very nice.
11:05PM I play Grand Theft Auto for a short while. I play the game slowly, not embarking upon any missions, just driving around, enjoying the game. Focussing on one thing is easy, but as soon as I look away from my computer screen, I can feel a sort of drunken inertia as I move my head. All anxiety and worry has disappeared. Mental processes seemed to have slowed but not actually diminished. I send a message to a friend on Facebook, he does not write back. My entire body feels very heavy; as if I am rooted to my seat.

11:08PM I decide to take a walk around the house, just to see how well I can do it. I walk fairly steadily, just very slowly, like a zombie. It's nice. If I had to describe the feeling, it would be 'everything I wished being drunk would be like.'
11:14PM Noticeable slowdown in typing speed and general mental capabilities. Yawning, but not really sleepy. In the mirror, my eyes look a bit glassy. My iPod is exceptionally pleasant, especially slower, jazzy tunes.
11:24PM Time is moving very, very quickly. I can hardly believe I have spent more than 30 minutes here; it feels like maybe four or five minutes.
11:38PM I begin to feel very sleepy. I retire to my room with my iPod with plans to listen to some music then fall asleep. Instead, I hit my pillow and immediately fall into a deep sleep.
4:40AM I wake up in between sleep cycles, the Valium having clearly worn off. I roll over and sleep for another five hours.

Overall, I can see how this drug may be useful in a very relaxed setting, possibly with one or two friends, just wanting to spend some time. Time goes incredibly quickly on Valium, and I do not fully remember all of the events I described.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 92892
Published: Oct 26, 2017Views: 10,741
Pharms - Diazepam (115) : First Times (2), Alone (16)