Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
Nausea and Bliss
H. B. Woodrose
by Moykle
Citation:   Moykle. "Nausea and Bliss: An Experience with H. B. Woodrose (exp92663)". Sep 18, 2014.

6 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose


A few days ago, me and a friend, ĎXí, prepared a whole free day in my empty house to take Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds weíd purchased from the Internet. We both smoke weed and have tried MDMA, but it was the first psychedelic experience for both of us.

We awoke early to prepare and consume the seeds. After failing to successfully peel the seeds of their shells entirely, we opted to just crush the seeds into a powder and take half each. We had the equivalent of around 6 seeds each.

We ate them at around 11:30 AM, not having eaten anything for fear of nausea that Iíd heard so much about. We then sat down in the living room and began watching the TV. We were half-heartedly watching an old episode of Family Guy I had recorded, both quite anxious about the trip.

After about 20 minutes, I began to feel slightly nauseous, and went to the bathroom. The seeds, shall we say, did quite a number on my bowels, and Iíll just say that using the toilet was a lot more uncomfortable than usual. Even after I had been, I still didnít feel completely fine but I did feel strange. X had yet to report anything, though he seems to have quite a slow metabolism anyway.

I lied down for a while breathing deeply, my nausea only faintly remaining. At this point X began feeling ill, and went to the bathroom, while I began drawing. X vomited in the toilet and said he felt great after that. Though I did feel like I was going to be sick it wouldnít come and I didnít want to force myself. Eventually the nausea subsided, around an hour and a half after taking the seeds, and I put on some music, a random mix of some of our favourite songs.

At this point we both just lied down on sofas and listened. The music was amazing, I found that I didnít think about the instruments and notes/chords being played as I usually do when listening to music, but rather was just filled with glee at how amazing it was that these musicians had thought to put the notes in the order they were, and they worked so well.

During this time I was staring out of the window, I must have been staring at the house across the street for hours but I wasnít really seeing it, I was more focused on my thoughts which had become very strange. I felt like all that I could concentrate on was one thought at a time, and these thoughts were all very big questions about existence and life. Whenever Iíd think of something, I just instinctively knew that I knew what the answer to this question was, but it was so obvious that I didnít even need to explicitly think about it.

It was during the time spent listening to music that I began to visually hallucinate to a slight degree. Whenever I looked at the walls of my living room I could see around 4 or 5 shimmering black and white tiny dots in my peripheral vision. I knew for some reason that I had to choose one and look at it, but whenever I looked there it disappeared and I saw more peripheral dots. This didnít get boring and just seemed to interest me the more I did it. I also felt the moving of limbs was interesting and quite light, and constantly moving my leg from left to right gave me a smile that I couldnít get rid of and made me feel ecstatically happy.

In between songs and CDs me and X would exchange laughs at nothing, try and describe what we were thinking and fail to do so and just be unable to move. This went on until about 5 PM. In terms of time, it wasnít necessarily that my perception of it had changed; just that it didnít really matter to me anymore because in my head I had the answer to everything. Time had become irrelevant. At 5, X had to leave to walk home and go to an engagement party (he assures me the walk home was the trippiest thing heís ever done).

At this point I walked around my house thinking of something to do, but I couldnít really focus on what it was I wanted to do because it felt like my thoughts were operating on a separate level to what my body was doing. I eventually sat down and just remained still for about another hour. I could close my eyes and convince myself that I was in an entirely dark room apart from me and the music. It was during this that the strangest thing happened to me, which was that as a song ended on the disk that I was playing, in the gap between it and the next one, I completely fixed my thoughts on the idea that the next song will be ďYour Mother Should KnowĒ by the Beatles, and it was! Bearing in mind that this was one of 4 20+ track disks that we had played that day, in a totally random order of songs that I hadnít looked at twice since burning it, it was certainly very strange and I began saying ďWoah!Ē to myself a lot.

I then began thinking about spirituality a lot, and could imagine ghosts to be sitting all around me in the living room, although I couldnít see anything. I usually spook myself with this kind of thought but I was oddly relaxed and even a little euphoric that I was spending time with these ghosts, and I felt like I would be able to accept death when it came.

After another hour or so, around 6 o clock, I began to get a sore back from being lied down the entire day, and this was kind of putting a downer on me. I decided to go out into the middle of my fairly small town and buy something. I bought some chocolate and made myself eat it, despite not feeling up to it with my stomach. After being sat on a bench not knowing what to make of anything I saw for a while, I had a brainwave and decided to visit an old friend who I had drifted apart from whose house was only a 15 minute walk away.

I got there, but found his mother there and that my old friend had gone out. I know his mum quite well anyway, and she is probably the nicest person Iíve ever met. She invited me in and I stayed and talked to her for about 2 hours, which really cheered me up and put a huge smile on my face. The effects were subsiding now and I felt relatively back to normal, although very happy.

I left my old friendís house about 9 PM and was looking forward to having a bath to soothe my aching back and going to bed, but I got caught up with about 20+ people from my old school who I hadnít seen in a while, and ended up walking around talking for a good few hours, then going to a party where I chilled out and talked to a lot of people I didnít know, in an unusually cheery and friendly fashion for me.

I ended up home at around 1 AM and promptly had a bath, got into bed and fell into one of the most comfortable sleeps Iíve ever had. The next day I felt completely fine and refreshed, and since Iíve felt a lot more open towards people I donít know personally and willing to talk to them, whereas I usually wouldnít be.

In summary, the nausea was quite unsettling, but completely worth the trip, and very useful for showcasing aspects of psychedelics. I hope to very soon try LSD, Psilocybin Mushrooms, and a wide range of other psychedelics; Iíve just unfortunately never had the chance.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 92663
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 17 
Published: Sep 18, 2014Views: 2,599
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
H.B. Woodrose (26) : General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults