Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Heart Palpitations Days After Overdose
5-HTP
by aburgz123
Citation:   aburgz123. "Heart Palpitations Days After Overdose: An Experience with 5-HTP (exp91615)". Erowid.org. Jul 26, 2011. erowid.org/exp/91615

50 mg oral Tryptophan - 5-HTP (pill / tablet)
  T+ 2:00 50 mg oral Tryptophan - 5-HTP (pill / tablet)

Well I was in a bad mood in the morning so I decided to take 50mg (half a pill) of 5-HTP by mixing it in a sprite soda and drinking it. About an hour later my mood got significantly better. About two hours later being the impulsive idiot that I am I decided to have more. I mixed up another 50mg (the remaining pill) and drank it down with another Sprite. About 45 minutes later my face started getting extremely hot. I first disregarded it as nothing until I felt my blood pressure rise like never before. It felt like my head was being stuffed full of paper. Then my heart started beating faster then I have ever felt it causing the worst palpitations.

Basically I got random strikes of high blood pressure and palpitations during the days which stop after 3 days.

I got extremely worried I was going to have a heart attack and felt chest pain. Always read up on anything you take and just because it's an amino acid doesn't make it a free ride.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 91615
Published: Jul 26, 2011Views: 10,197
Tryptophan - 5-HTP (196) : Hangover / Days After (46), Health Problems (27), Not Applicable (38)