It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
Use Your Imagination
5-Methyl-MDA
by Jesus Raves
Citation:   Jesus Raves. "Use Your Imagination: An Experience with 5-Methyl-MDA (ID 91549)". Erowid.org. Jul 17, 2011. erowid.org/exp/91549

DOSE:   oral 5-Methyl-MDA (powder / crystals)

I read that I would have a candyflip-type experience off a 20 mg dose of 5-Methyl-MDA.

20 mg did nothing. I took 40 more mg 1.5 hours later, and 30 or 45 minutes after that began eating mgs indiscriminately until about half of the 500mgs I ordered was consumed. The next weekend I dropped 250mgs all at once. Was it my imagination? I might have noticed a little lift, a little enhancement, but nothing dramatic, nothing that I was really looking for. I didn't want subtle, you see. I can get subtle anywhere, just by making the dose really tiny. This time I wanted to trip. Good thing I had some methylone instead so I dropped a gram of that and had a great time.

My conclusion about 5-Methyl-MDA? A bore. Because either I got the wrong chemical, or most of what I got from 5-Methyl-MDA had to come from my own imagination. Not very impressed especially considering 500 mgs was around $70 plus shipping. The one place that I finally found that started selling it, now no longer sells it. Guess it wasn't much of a hit. Don't worry about missing anything.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 91549