Amazing but Very Mentally Addictive
4-Methylmethcathinone
by Cat Lover
Citation:   Cat Lover. "Amazing but Very Mentally Addictive: An Experience with 4-Methylmethcathinone (exp91149)". Erowid.org. May 25, 2016. erowid.org/exp/91149

insufflated 4-Methylmethcathinone (powder / crystals)

About a year and a half ago I started experimenting with Mcat, it was huge here in the UK; cheap, legal and readily available and I had already been taking various drugs for some years and was into experimenting with new substances. Most was fairly poor quality that I'd tried at first and then even worse when it became illegal in April of last year. I only took it on occasion until I found some amazing stuff from an old friend, the crystals were large (rice grain sized) and being familiar with the drug I knew this was a good sign.

I got home and immediately crushed and racked up. It was amazing, the closest I can compare it to is amazing coke and MDMA both together. I have never taken crystal meth BUT from what I have heard about it the high compared to mcat sounds extremely similar. I was alert, wanting to talk forever (I ended up talking to myself after a while as I was alone), I was horny as fuck, I loved everything and everyone and wanted to get my friends over as soon as I possibly could. Id had about 0.3g but I decided against re-dosing (very hard!) because I was alone and wanted to save this amazing stuff for when I was going out.

The weekend came and went and it was amazing and I got through what was left (1.6g) and with my love of drugs I was so excited to pick up some more. This is the boring but to explain where some weekends became every weekend, became pick me ups in the week and I was thinking SHIT Im running out of cash. I bought an ounce at a very good price to sell so I could fund my drug use and have a bit of spending money etc.

Started selling, started making money, started taking everyday getting high off my own supply is the stupidest thing I could have done but literally mcat is the most mentally addictive thing I have ever taken in my life. It sort of sucked me in and Id spend a week at a time off my head, and Id get through just under an ounce a week and that is just what I was personally taking.

There is a really dark side to mcat, a paranoid alter ego emerges and I see and hear things that scare me shitless, saying that it is an AMAZING drug. Ive read other experiences and I must say some of them report extremely negative effects which I have not experienced after 6 months of intensively taking the stuff. I genuinely feel though, that I am defensive over cat because its so easy to fall into the mindset of I love mcat, and it loves me too.

So here is an overview of positive and negative effects that I personally have felt due to mcat:

+ Euphoria
+ High energy
+ High sex drive
+ A feeling of connection or brotherhood with the people you take it with
+ Feeling of well-being
+Pleasant hallucinations/delusions
[These positive effects are things I usually feel when in a group of people (usually with some who have taken mcat too). I find now that when I am really high on my own and I have no one to physically talk to I can get distressed and paranoid. Its all about the right mood and the right company.]

- Nosebleeds
- Slight nasal erosion
- Heart palpitations
- Paranoia
- Unpleasant hallucinations
- Coldness in extremities (I try to take ginkgo biloba supplements to try to counteract the vasoconstriction)
- Gurning: now this is the thing that gives you away as someone that has taken mcat. Not only does your mouth go extremely dry but it moves on its own, its sort of like chewing your own mouth up! The worst I have ever experienced is after a gram line (no not recommend! A silly thing to do, but done mid-binge when all of my senses of responsibility are warped), after I had done the gram line (which left my nose BURNING LIKE HELL my jaw was chattering on its own as though I was shivering. Be sure to carry chewing gum (lots) and bonjela or something similar to try and prevent damage to the mouth and repair it when it does happen.
- Burning of the nose

In conclusion:

. Mcat is an amazing drug when good quality powder is found
. Mcat is highly mentally addictive, so it is SO hard to take it responsibly. Keep this in mind when purchasing and only get small quantities at a time.
. Tolerance goes up and down quite fast (sort of similar to the tolerance of alcohol
. Mcat is my favorite drug.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 91149
Published: May 25, 2016Views: 3,078
4-Methylmethcathinone (458) : Various (28), Retrospective / Summary (11)