More Effective Alternative for Nausea
Dronabinol
by Skypuppy
Citation:   Skypuppy. "More Effective Alternative for Nausea: An Experience with Dronabinol (exp90952)". Erowid.org. Dec 1, 2017. erowid.org/exp/90952

2.5 mg oral Pharms - Dronabinol (capsule)

The Marinol THC Trip

For me, Marinol / dronabinol (pure THC) is a much cheaper (now) and more effective alternative to the current 'gold standard' for nausea, Zofran. When I started trying THC, Zofran was $1500/month while THC was -only- $1100/month. Well, THC finally drifted into the generic drug class and now is about $300/month.
Zofran would get rid of my chemo nausea about 50% of the time, so I tried the THC, based upon other people's recommendations. It works at getting rid of nausea better than 90% of the time.

Additionally, I'm a chronic pain patient thanks to a repetitive stress injury incurred from too many years and too many hours on computers! Once the chemo was over, I kept using the THC as the pain meds often produced nausea, too. Yechh.

As an experiment, several times I've not used the narcotics for the pain and tried 3 pills of the THC. For me, bad idea. It makes no nausea but it makes the pain significantly more intense and it makes me sort of dwell on the pain. Talk about your negative outcomes! So I can't recommend it for pain.

Some pot stores in downtown Denver, where I stopped in to ogle their product (I don't live in Colorado) mentioned that different kinds of pot were used to treat pain. I didn't even know that different kinds of pot highs / uses were even available. However, dronabinol (THC) is not one to use for pain.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 90952
Published: Dec 1, 2017Views: 1,506
Pharms - Dronabinol (225) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)