Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Blissful Dissonance
LSD & Cannabis
by Tela
Citation:   Tela. "Blissful Dissonance: An Experience with LSD & Cannabis (exp90915)". Aug 21, 2018.

T+ 0:00
  repeated smoked Cannabis  
  T+ 0:45 1 hit oral LSD (blotter / tab)
  T+ 2:00   repeated smoked Cannabis  
  T+ 3:45 1 hit oral LSD (blotter / tab)
  T+ 6:00   smoked Cannabis  
When a good friend, Z, asked me if I wanted to take some acid, I gladly took him up on the offer; it had been a few months since I'd had any, and I was looking forward to hanging out with Z and my other close friend, N, and tripping with them. My eagerness to partake was only intensified because Z had only tripped once before, and enjoying psychedelics with those less experienced was and still is always a joy to me
enjoying psychedelics with those less experienced was and still is always a joy to me
- it's fun to teach them the ropes, so to speak, and watch their good time.

At 8pm, after a few games of pool, Z and I made our way to the house of N, where we first smoked a bowl. The pot we'd acquired was the highest quality of mids, and the bowl was able to make a full eight rotations between the three of us before running out - N has a very large bowl. We were all feeling a little stoned and a little thirsty, so we drank some Dr. Pepper, enjoying the 23 flavors which we constantly tried to guess, and ate some pretzels. By 8:45, we'd decided we were ready to drop.

The three of us took one hit each, and began watching Monday Night Raw, N's favorite television program. About half an hour into the show, I began feeling the first effects of the acid: A delightful tingly sensation over my body, a warmness on my face, pulse rate slightly elevated, and a small difference in the brightness of colors. I asked Z and N if they were starting to feel it yet, and Z said he was; N said he'd been feeling it for about ten minutes.

By 10:00pm, an hour and fifteen minutes into the trip, I was feeling pretty good. The colors were very noticeably more intense, and in spite of the lights in the room being off, I was able to see perfectly. We passed around a second bowl, and I came up even harder and faster; objects appeared to have tracers now, and conversation began to be more fragmented between the three of us, but at the same time, we were filling in the blanks where the others left off. It was like a single person talking through three people, and I loved the feeling.

At around 11:00, Monday Night Raw went off, and we decided to take a walk. It had been raining all day, and it was damp outside, but we didn't really care; we just wanted to be outdoors.

We made it down the street to a gas station, and I could hear every car coming far before it came into view. My senses were acute, and I felt superhuman. I expressed this to Z and N, and they agreed with me. We felt superhuman, senses elevated to an extreme that normal people couldn't even fathom. We decided we pitied them.

'Wouldn't it be something,' I said to Z and N, 'If somehow all of those mental superpowers - telekinesis, telepathy, you name it - wouldn't it be something to have access to those powers as a direct result of LSD?'

We all thought about this and decided it was possible, perhaps even plausible. With our senses so acute, it only made sense that we should be able to tap into that and find mental abilities that had only been imagined before. We conversed about this for the duration of our walk to the gas station, and much of our walk back to N's house.

Talking felt more natural than it ever had at this point; it seemed as though were were all able to listen to and respond to each other, understanding all of the subtext which was normally lost in translation in everyday conversation. It truly felt as though this was what conversation was meant to be.

We were back at the house by 11:45, and opted to take another hit each. None of us had truly peaked yet, but it seemed that we would peak at the point we came up from the second hit. This was, we decided, quite desirable. We made our way upstairs to find N's laptop, before being seized by a sudden, mutual urge to be back outdoors. I believe it was N who mentioned the park, and suddenly, we all wanted to be there, more than anything in the world. Z offered to drive, and against all of our better judgment, we climbed into the car. Nothing bad happened, but it was still irresponsible and foolish of us, and I acknowledge this. At the time, however, it seemed to be the best idea in the world. [Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]
N brought with him his laptop, and from his seat selected music for us to listen to on the drive. It seemed impossible for him to find anything appropriate for our mood, but he finally settled on an abysmal quality recording of The Polyphonic Spree's second album. With my hearing so acute, I could hear the tinny quality, the static in the track, but it was somehow perfect. Slightly grating, dissonant, blissful.

'This is like blissful dissonance,' I said, and Z and N agreed. It was perfect.

When we arrived at the park, my muscles were tense, the ones in my neck and arms occasionally spasming, tightening, twitching. I asked N and Z if they were also experiencing this, and they said they were, that they had the last time they'd taken this particular acid as well. I remembered back to an early trip when the physiological effects of the LSD were as pronounced as these were, and accepted it.
I remembered back to an early trip when the physiological effects of the LSD were as pronounced as these were, and accepted it.

We walked around for what felt like hours. At one point, on a dark path through the center of the park, there was a grating, industrial noise in the distance. My mind immediately conjured up an image of Pyramid Head from the Silent Hill franchise, and I looked to the side where Z and N were standing, certain that's what I would see coming through the trees. Aside from the light dancing across my field of visions, sharp contrast and coloration on all that I saw, and trees and plants seeming to vibrate and thrum with energy all around me, I saw nothing amiss and we kept walking. On one side of the park, we came across a zen garden, complete with beautiful plants, benches, and a fountain. It sounded and looked so peaceful, we decided to stop and sit there for a while.

All of the tension in my muscles seemed to leave in this place, and everything appeared to have a beautiful glowing aura. It was the epitome of calm and tranquility, and we expressed how soothing it really was. After what we ascertained to have been three hours (time was working funny), we made our way out of the zen garden, and through the park back to the car. When we'd exited the car, it had been 12:20. When we got back in, in spite of our conviction that time had been passing far more quickly, it was only 12:45.

On the drive back to N's house, I found that I was staring out the window, almost completely in a trance. Colors were flying past, leaving trails behind them, and every time we passed a street light, I had the impression that I saw snow. It was truly a beautiful sight, but I was to overwhelmed to articulate this to my comrades, so we drove on as I smiled out the window at the wonderland before me. On N's laptop, The Polyphonic Spree was playing once again, and it was wonderful, and it was perfect.

Back at N's, the two of them discussed that they had work at 8pm the following evening. As they had a conversation about this, I wondered if they were feeling what I was feeling. I was feeling a strange inability to follow any given train of thought, coming back periodically to affirm to myself that I was extremely spun out. I wondered if they were just talking in their brief periods of coherent thought, or if they just weren't tripping as hard as I was. For the first time that evening, I felt a disconnect from the group, and this troubled me.

We watched a movie, Idiocracy, which all of us had seen before, and were rapt with attention for most of the film. Midway through, we sparked up another bowl, which certainly caused my mind to wander more, and my visual impressions of lights and vibrations within everything I saw intensified tenfold. I also noticed at this point that my muscles were extremely sore and tight, especially those in the back of my neck, and laid down in an effort to alleviate some of the tightness.

After Idiocracy, it was barely 3AM. Based on previous experience, I knew that I was in the middle of my peak from the first hit, and just about to hit the beginning of it for the second. We smoked another bowl, and when N said he wanted to lie down and try to sleep, urging Z and me to head to our respective houses, I was apprehensive about the remainder of the trip before me.

I was tripping fairly hard at this point, and knew it was only going to get more intense. I went to my bedroom, and turned on the TV, hoping for something to watch that I could become immersed in. I found I couldn't focus on anything on the television, and my thoughts were that everything I watched was loosely following the storyline of Idiocracy, so that became unbearable. My muscles were really tight, and I tried to stretch them out and relax, as I turned my iPod on and placed the earbuds in my ears. The first song that came on was 'The End' by The Doors, and I just left it on because the guitar was soothing to me.

Midway through this song, I realized I had to pee, so I wandered into my bathroom and sat down. In my peripheral vision, I saw what I perceived to be a head poke out of the shower, and whipped around to see. The curtain was closed, so I couldn't see anything there, but my mind was convinced that there was something in there, lurking, waiting. Paranoia was setting in horribly, and I was completely vulnerable on the toilet. I quickly finished and pulled my pants up, as the song on my iPod intensified. My heart started pounding, and I realized I was having an anxiety attack, overcome with mortal terror. I frantically searched for a weapon, to fight my would-be assailant hiding in my shower, and found a toilet plunger. It would have to do.

With a cry, I ripped the shower curtain open, exposing an empty shower. I desperately looked around for any possible escape route the person could have taken, and found none. I was breathing heavily in my panic, and my heart was still beating fast. Somehow, I managed to calm myself down, assuring myself that there had never been anyone in the shower, that it was just my mind playing tricks on me. Miraculously, this seemed to work.

I made my way into my living room, turning that TV on and discarding my iPod on the table. The colors in the room were so bright I could barely look at them, and everything appeared to be bleeding into its surroundings. My striped curtains moved and waved, although there was no perceptible breeze, and shadows stretched out across the floor towards me. Everything was vibrating, gold and silver specks surrounding all that I could see like static. I tried to focus again on the television, but the lines on the cartoon I was watching were wavering, and the colors were melting into all of the other colors on the screen, so I couldn't even be quite sure of what I was watching.

I laid down and closed my eyes, and became convinced that there were ants crawling on my body. I kept opening my eyes and sitting up, only to realize I was ant-free every single time. Eventually, I gave up on sleep and made my way back into my bedroom to pick up my guitar and focus on that for a while. After some time of playing guitar, which could have been mere seconds or a matter of half an hour or more - time was really funny to me at this point - I became very aware that I had been playing the same note over and over again, with my face resting on the body of the guitar.

I reminded myself at this point that I was on LSD, I was peaking, these effects weren't scary at all, and that I should relax and just enjoy the visuals. After that, all was well. My muscles were still tight, and it was uncomfortable to lay down, but I felt fine and happy. I put on some more music, and smiled as the auras and specks surrounding things moved to the beat, complementing the melody perfectly. I put on a record, and the hissing was the perfect complement to everything, adding a dissonant aspect to the visual hallucinations as well that made me feel completely peaceful and calm.

By 6:45AM, I was feeling the inability to sleep still, along with occasional muscle twitches, but the visual impressions were very toned down and only really pronounced if I stared intently off into space for a period of time. I turned the TV back on, and genuinely enjoyed what I was watching. The comedown was blissful, and I felt completely happy and content with the world.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 90915
Gender: Female 
Age at time of experience: 23
Published: Aug 21, 2018Views: 960
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
LSD (2) : Combinations (3), General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults