Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Palliative for the Cold
Methylone
by Ally420
Citation:   Ally420. "Palliative for the Cold: An Experience with Methylone (exp90657)". Erowid.org. Jun 1, 2011. erowid.org/exp/90657

oral Methylone (powder / crystals)

I discovered this by accident last time I got a cold from working in a call center. I was planning on taking methylone but got sick the week before. I decided to take the methylone, which was a full 200mg dose, that weekend anyway. When I did my awareness of being sick (symptoms and general malaise) all but disappeared. This lasted for 2.5 days. I recently got sick again. This time I took 15-40mg doses each day as a palliative and it worked extremely well for suppressing the runny nose, cough, aches and pains, and general yuck feel of the cold. By the time I got home at night I would be feeling the effects of the cold mildly again but for the full day I was almost 100% relieved of the experience of being sick. The cold seemed to run its normal time course but I did not experience an normal amount of discomfort from it. When the symptoms stopped returning at the end of the day I stopped taking the methylone and that was that. This is by far the best cold palliative/remedy I have ever tried, way better that dayquil, theraflu or the like and leaps and bounds better than the phenylephrine that is in cold meds these days. Figured I should pass this info on.

P.S., It did not take a dose that produces a significant mind altering effect to be useful in this fashion. The goal is not to get high and getting high should not be a requirement to see positive results for this application.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 90657
Published: Jun 1, 2011Views: 7,283
Methylone (255) : Alone (16), Health Benefits (32)